Friday, October 13, 2006

If it makes you happy...

It can't be that bad...

*Yeah, it's the lyrics of a song from a loooOOOoong time ago...

I was happily putting out my clothes to hang last night when it struck me.

So, a lot of us are chasing happiness. And it's such that as long as it makes me happy, it's not going to be anything bad... well, like the song says, 'It can't be THAT bad...'

I think it's safe to assume that EVERYONE on earth wants to be happy. No one wants to be sad. Well, some people derive happiness from being sad, but that's just... erm... sad...

I know, some of you might be fast enough to point out that I am a sad soul, because I chose this path.

But let's not go there now.

So, I have gotten to know about a poor soul who is chasing his dreams based on happiness. He's basing his future path based on whether he's happy or not currently. Apparently he's never been really happy in his life despite being a very bright student throughout his years in school.

I have also gotten to know some who prefers to drown in his own sorrows whenever pressure strikes him, whereby no coaxing/talking to/convincing/attention/mal-attention may pull him out of it.

I have also known people who does things to themselves to flush out sadness by doing happy things, like shopping. And later feel sad because their credit card debts go soaring up.

So, this brings me back to the question: Is there no true happiness on earth? The type of happiness that is indefinate, that is always true, that never leaves you?

And then you think, "What about regret?"

There's sure to be at least a small amount of regret in your life. Some dark secret that's locked in your heart, that peeps out every now and then, that makes you go 'Sigh... I wish I hadn't done that.' OR 'Sigh... I wish I had done that.'

Our happiness, is in the end based on these questions. I think, whether we can be happy or sad, depends very much on our regrets.

If we carry a lot of regrets in us, we can never be happy.

So, here's something for you on this Friday, the 13th:

My mom always tell me this, and I have always tried to practise it throughout my entire life.

"Do what you're supposed to do when you're supposed to do it. And do it well. Not a second earlier, not a second later."

Which is very true. When you're supposed to be studying, go and study well. When you're supposed to build your career, do it well. When you're supposed to go get married, go do it well.

We only live once. We only go through life once. We are only a teenager once in our lives. We only become an adult once in our lives. We can only live once, and die once. And with each passing year, there's nothing that we can do to pull back time.

So, when you're supposed to be a teenager, act like a teenager, and function like a teenager. Don't act like a kid.

If you do so, you'll be absolved from sitting down one fine day, when you're 25 years old, and say, "Crap, I seriously need to grow up. How I wish I have done things a little different for the past 10 years. I have thrown away my education, I have thrown away my potential wife, I have thrown away my relationship with my family." And you find yourself trying to mend back the broken lives that's around you.

So, instead of 'No Fear', let me propagate to you, 'No Regrets'

4 Comments:

Blogger peisheah said...

yeah, i remember that song. Sheryl Crow.

1 Corinthians 13-11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

October 13, 2006 4:22 pm  
Blogger peisheah said...

Talking about your "pedal thing", buying something a bargain price will definitely make you happy - which someone born into wealth will never experience.

October 13, 2006 5:32 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

ps: It can't be THAT bad eh...

Ah, well, I have never thought of buying stuff from a richman's point of view before... hhhmmm.. enlightening...

October 13, 2006 6:58 pm  
Blogger peisheah said...

I'll be very happy if i can but something that usually cost RM2 for RM0.50. It's like that lah for us price sensitive segment of the market.

October 16, 2006 12:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring