Friday, March 23, 2007

What's your reward?

God has a funny sense of humour sometimes...

Sometimes, He rewards people with material rewards, like when you give back your 10% to God, and He blesses you back with more than you need.

Or when you see the faces of the people whose lives you've touched, and it just keeps you going.

Or when you put Him first as your priorities, and He blesses you with good results altough you didn't prepared as much as your peers.

But for me, the best reward after a long hard day's work is to come back to the house, and my lovely girlfriend waiting for me and we talk about our days' work, our problems, and just remind each other how much we love one another.

I'm learning to cherish the times whereby we only meet for that small amount of time, where she's so tired, but yet she makes a point to stay awake until I come home and tuck her in. We will chat for a while, and she'll doze off. And I'll go out and relax for a while... sometimes I go watch the tele, and later the tele watches me... sometimes I find myself wandering out to the mamak... sometimes I go straight back to my room and fall asleep... But all in a day's work, the highlight of my day is always the moment when I come home from work, and I meet with her. To see the smile on her face when she sees me, to be able to feel the warmth and the care that she's been storing up for me, just gives me the strength to tackle the next day.

Now I am truly understanding the phrase 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder.'

Since I've been working, I haven't had time to go about 'dating' with my girlfriend. Even so now, that I have literally no day off, even if she's take a day's leave, I won't have the time and chance to go out with her. When I think about it, she's sacrificed so much of our time for me to go do my job...

And God' reward for me each day, is to come home and she's there with her appreciative smile, chirpy "Hello, I missed you." and her determination to stay awake until she sees me and gets her tuck-in. And my heart melts every night.

And I say to myself, what a wonderful day this was. Let's do it again tomorrow...

I'm learning to cherish, to make it a point to make it up to her each day, to recognise the sacrifice she's making, and to love her truly from my heart.

4 Comments:

Blogger DeGiRL said...

oh my goodness!! that's sooooo sweet!! there shud be more guys like u in the world!! haha!

March 23, 2007 5:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww. My little Desmond is growing up :P

And you know what? This is your first personal post about love.

I have never heard you talk about love. And I don't ask it of you.

But I knew you had it in you :)

I'm proud :P

No seriously I'm VERY proud :D

March 23, 2007 5:58 pm  
Blogger Michele Yong said...

Sir Paul: Enough laaaaaa...

Des: About the tuck-in part so sweeettt. I never get that cos somebody always falls asleep light years even before I become sleepy.

Aww Des is getting sappy hehehe.

March 26, 2007 11:49 pm  
Blogger Bea said...

soooooooooooo manis... =3

April 01, 2007 2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring