Friday, February 02, 2007

It's been ages...

Yes... it's been so long since I've posted anything, but life is seriously starting to get hectic. I find myself needed in so many things, and it's as such that some of the things, I have to purposefully turn my back to. I know I can't spread myself too thinly lest I don't achieve anything.

Life is sometimes just like a game of Risk. You can only fight in so many wars before your troops get spread too thinly. Sometimes you need to be a little sly to get more players on the battlefields, and sometimes, it's good that you focus on a few territories. You spread yourself too thin, you'll get whacked by your enemy.

So, this week, I was doing a favour for a friend, and so happened, I had to write something with a Purpose... And this episode reminded me that I had read somewhere, "The Secret to Success is the Consistency of Purpose". Then, it reminded me that I too need to find a purpose which I can stay consistent to.

I can't do everything... Well, I can do a lot of things, but I can't be everywhere... sometimes, the only downside in my job is to look at the disappointment in the faces of those who live their lives without much hope. The saddest thing that I see in some of my fellow colleagues' eyes is hopelessness. Some have the heart, but must put other things in life as priority. Others have the ability but have no heart. Some just have mess-up priorities. And inevitably, some have no purpose.

It's a good thing to be able to do things well, but then, there's no use if you can do things well, but don't have a purpose, you are no more than a resounding gong. People hit you and you go 'GoooOOOooong' without knowing why you were hit.

It's just like chocolate... it looks nice sometimes, but the true taste and worth comes only after it melts in your mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring