Wednesday, January 17, 2007

How much is too much?

You know, when you're in the 'customer service' industry, there's always a need to draw a line between work and personal life.

When you're in this kind of industry, the demands are such that there's not much space between personal life and work. Sometimes, all these things get jumbled up. I m getting calls to 'help-out' during my day-off, I am getting calls to 'help-out' whether I'm free or not, I'm always getting calls to do this or that.

So much so, today, I need to sit down and ask myself; Where do I draw the line?

I help-out, I die.

I don't help out, I can't sleep.

I haven't really rested since last weekend, and it's seriously taking its toll on me. Seven days without rest makes one weak.

There are certain times whereby I am functioning on raw mechanics itself, with my brain kinda not working properly. I've been up and down the KLIA road so many times in the past week that I can almost drive with my eyes closed.

Then, I find a little bit of frustration when it comes to my colleagues because they have drawn a very tight line between work and life. I have still yet to draw any line. That is why, my life is in a little bit of a mess.

Like I said,I can do a lot of things, but there's only ONE me to go around. Sometimes I wonder why I am given such talents like in fixing pipes, a bit of carpentry, a little bit of this, and a little bit of that. Hhhmmm...


I am seriously physically tired. But God seems to be keeping me strong spiritually...

And I can only wonder if that's a good thing...

1 Comments:

Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

All these because you love God and His people. The Lord saw your heart and He is building it to a higher level. Keep it up the good works. Of course, do draw the line. Otherwise you will be dead.

January 17, 2007 9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring