Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Demands...

Have you ever in your life feel that the demands on you are just impossible?

Sometimes it makes me wonder, that whether I got myself into such a situation, or is it that there's this piece of paper tagged behind my back that says 'Ask of me anything'.

I know God gave me such broad shoulders to carry such heavy burdens sometimes, but not when everyone and everything heaps them up on me.

I don't know.

Sometimes, when I am mentally 'ok', I can, and am most willing to help any poor soul that asks of something from me.

But recently, I just don't know why, and how...

Demands at work are wearing me down, demands from friends too, demands from ministry, demands from girlfriend, demands, demands, demands.

The worst of them are those that aren't even up to me.

You know, some of the demands on your life is to take care of what someone else is thinking?? Like, I'm getting pressure because there's this other party that's not thinking right?? And it's not like it's something that I can do to not make this other party not think like 'that'. I am in no position to control any person's mind for crying out loud... And I'm getting flak because of it... It's like, "I want YOU to eat more fruits to help ease MY indigestion."

Then there are the demands of you that forces you to go exactly what you do not enjoy doing. I've been fed up with a certain type of people lately, but it seems that my life is getting more and more episodes with such people lately.

Then of course, are the demands whereby you must be here or there, else you're not a good enough friend. These I call social obligations.

Then there are those who calls you to a certain function just because you have a car. 'Oh, but you are an important member of the team!!" then... "By the way, can you fetch A, B & C? They'll be waiting for you at the bus stop..."

Then to add spice to all these, I am financially tight... like REALLY tight... so tight that I don't think I can squeeze through without a miracle.

* Speaking of which, in true to goodness SaDdNesZ.jc culture, I picked up RM2 from the car park floor last Friday when I was walking around the car park looking for a way into the shopping mall. I seem to be able to pick up a lot of RM1's... I wonder why it's always RM1... and nothing bigger. Some people say God will only give you what you can handle... hhhmmm... that's it, God?? I'm only trusted with RM2???

Sigh...

Is there no respite from this???

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

des,

I didnt read any of your latest blog entry lately and with such, after readin this, I thankyou for being such a wonderful listener while i went ranting away with my motormouth earlier this morning...not knowin of your 'shit of the day,weeks,months..'

you have to believe one thing about god, that is simply believing him. or in another word's term, trust him.

with such ppl walkin into your life giving you such ants in your pants, perhaps, somehow, you are exuding a sort of light which earns people's respect and trust without your knowing. (aside from the car thingie. that..no comment from a "car-less" lass..yet..)

u may contemplate that "nah, i doubt it bla..bla..bla.." halt right there, for i am one of those kindred bugger who notice this authoritative broad shoulder lad have some worth more than just the effort he puts himself.

And wat was that?

Friendship.

(No, not doormat. Puh-Lez,get a grip of yourself!)

C'mon, Shit happens. But it surely unclogs indigestions'...somewhere...somehow...out there...

Yvonne

November 08, 2006 12:55 am  
Blogger Bea said...

hey, count yourself blessed....the max i've seen on the ground were 20cents....hahaahhaa....u got 10 times more!

November 08, 2006 3:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Von: I try my best to help. Sometimes, I just need an outlet. Thus, the blog. Don't read into everything as solid truth, some are exaggerated for effect, and some are just because I got emotional over things.

B: Hhhmmm... Your compelling 20cents does make my RM2 look big... crap...

SaD.

November 08, 2006 10:43 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

And a miracle did happen!!! hahahahaha

Praise be to God!!!

November 08, 2006 5:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring