Monday, July 31, 2006

Searching...

It's not funny when you think about your career path, and then you realise that you have hit a dead end after two years into it. Well, some may say that it's actually better that I realised it now better than later.

It's seriuosly demoralising when firstly, you're being told that you aren't good enough for this industry, and secondly, every other interview you go to tells you the exact same thing.

Well, maybe I am really not suited for this industry. So, now, what am I good at?

One of the most scariest things ever you can encounter in life is the seemingly hopelessness that comes from having no direction to turn to.

I mean, I have always had a direction in life. When I was young, my parents would tell me where to put my foot. When i grew older, I started to make my own decisions. Then, when I came out of Uni, I was set on this Copywriting thing. But this time round, I feel that I am seriously heading nowhere.

And as any manager of any team knows (I hope they do) that if you don't set a clear direction, the team goes nowhere. And now, I am heading nowhere.

I hate that.

I have seriously never been this lost before. I have had choices in front of me, it's always take this or take that. But this time, it seems that the only way out is to take a step back.

I wonder where I've gone wrong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I don't see many comments on this blog nowadays so I thought I'd start it off again. It's hard when you can't decide and have to take a step back. And I guess I know how you feel - I haven't experienced it though, but I can feel your confusion.

My advice? I have none. My point? Talk to me. Haha. If you have known from my past I have certain advantages that people have pointed out to me. So talk to me la. Haha.

And also, if you were to step out of this industry. Where could you go? Worst comes to worst you'll have to head back to Uni, but that's a worst case scenario.

But I know a few things you're good at, and that you will do. But will you?

July 31, 2006 7:40 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Shaniel: As it stands, I have already spoken to you. I don't hold back stuff in my blog.

So, thanks for the listening *eye*.

July 31, 2006 9:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring