Friday, May 05, 2006

Lukewarm

I hate, loathe and detest...

I went to lunch with the colleagues at this eatery... It's a shabby restaurant and thus, doesn't deserve being called a restaurant, so I'll just call it an eatery because that's what you do there. You sit down, you order, and when the food comes, you eat, you pay after eating, then you get the hell out of the joint. No further questions.

So, I ordered my grub, and a drink to wash it down with. I order a cup of 'Hot Chinese Tea' and when it came, it wasn't hot, nor was it cold, it was room temperature. It sure fulfilled its purpose on the 'washing food down' part, but it didn't give me any satisfaction at all. I hate it when I expect something to be hot, and it arrives lukewarm. Heck it's not even luke warm.

My stomach and my taste buds weren't prepared for this neither hot nor cold drink that it was receiving. That's why, I found myself making a cup of hot chocolate once I arrived at the office.

Puik...

The same goes for us. If you want to do something, be apart of something, join something, take up something, then choose to be hot. Then if you choose not to take it up anymore, then turn it to cold. Don't stay in the middle of the road. You'll get yourself no where. You made the choice to cross the road, you either cross it, or you stay on the other side. Don't cross the road and stop halfway. People get killed like that.

And once you've stepped onto the tarmac, be passionate about it. Don't take one step forward and go back to the sidewalk after another step. Once your feet are on the road, cross it with all your might and don't look back. You look back, a car from the other direction might hit you as your head's turning.

So, don't be lukewarm. Once you've chosen to do something, then put in everything that you have into it. If not, then it would be better that you chose not to do it in the first place.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

Luke....use the Force Luke...do not underestimate the power of the Warm side Luke...

=P

May 07, 2006 2:19 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

B: This deserves a +.+"

is it even a recognised face?

May 08, 2006 1:24 pm  
Blogger Bea said...

O_o?? eh...don't recognize that emoticon...cute though..hahahaha

May 09, 2006 1:46 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

x.x"' would be the more correct one i guess...

May 09, 2006 2:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring