Thursday, May 11, 2006

I just realised...

That most of my finer thoughts pops up during my LRT ride to work. But once I reach the office, it's gone...

That is bad...

Ah... well...

I was just thinking about the fact that if I did move to a more challenging job, I would have to leave this blog dormant. And that's a scary thought.

I mean, I've gotten so attached to this blog and all its 5 readers that I feel a responsibility to keep this collection of uncollected thoughts running. People read me... And I gain a little tinge of satisfaction from that fact (Although there's the entire troupe of 5 of you).

As a writer, I think the need to be read is tantamount. The ability to influence lives, the ability to use a properly stringed sentence to form an opinion that matters, the sociological effects that can be made, the provocation, all that. I am addicted to all that. As a matter of fact, every writer should be addicted to all that.

I am now in the final preparations of the workshop presentation that I am going to make. For those who aren't in the loop, there's this fellowship camp that my church is organising and it's themed as 'Dream Chasers'. Our target is to get youths to seriously think about thier lives, and chase their own dreams, not their parents dreams. And we have provided them 10 workshops in which are out of the normal 'money/status professions'. All our parents want us to grow up to be a doctor, and engineer, a lawyer or an accountant. Nowadays, pharmacists also join that list. But what the parents fail to understand is that not everyone is made for that kind of a job.

What if the kid is seriously talented in Art? Fashion? Writing? Language? Movies? Music?

Are they supposed to put this talent aside and lament when they are old and at the peak of thier mid-life crisis that they should have walked the line and became a musician? That they chose to follow their parents wishes and live a life of unfulfilled dreams?

Of course, there are risks involved that the child is really young and fickle minded, that the fella could destroy his only hope of a stable job at the bank in exchange for a life of a bar-hopping musician. That is why, we are letting the youths of today in on some industry secrets. We have young and upcoming professionals to come in and give workshops on how the real industry is. There's going to be a thing on How to Produce an Album (CD), Social Ettiquette (Talk given by a HR Exec), Creative Writing (ME!!), Fashion (Workshop by a girl who graduated in Fashion Design and is now working with a Design house), Movie Making (The fella is a genius and he just came out of Malaysia's Largest Post-production house to be a lecturer), and there's something on Critical Thinking for the philosophers and a few other things.

I'm lining up what I would like to do with my class and how to get them to think like a writer. Actually, from my experience, writing is more of thinking. It's not just the ability to write and string proper sentences, but writing is very much about the content. It is the art of communication of an issue, and idea, or a vendetta. You can tell me that a cup is a cup and should acta nd perform like a cup, but that is just being direct. A cup can have many uses. It can be used to hold water, it can be used to hold pens, it can be used to scoop things. And how you tell all this to your audience dictates the success of your written piece.

So...

You wanna join the camp??

hehehe... contact me... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

how'd u know the exact number of readers u have?

May 12, 2006 6:04 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

I just know... muahahahahaha...

May 15, 2006 9:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring