Thursday, April 06, 2006

Why do they do it??

I mean, my agency (the agency that I work for, not own) has been looking for an Admin Clerk since eons ago... And I've been the designated office answering machine cum copywriter, cum mock-up artist, cum water dispenser maintenance, cum office punching bag.

Well, there was a girl that's supposed to have come in the first Monday of this month, but she called in to say that she met with a family disaster and had to go home to her hometown to be with the family, FOREVAR!!! Like we believe her... ahahaha She actually signed the offer letter and shit, and we waited for her for an entire month!!! Apparently, she needed to give 1 month's notice to her current employers... Now, we get stood-up... Lucky me... I get to answer more phones!!! Yea!!!

So we're in this mess. We're desparate. The bosses are desparate, and I'm am starting to get fed-up with all this shit that I've been doing around the office. However, life has to go on. But that's not the point.

Now, since we still have yet to fill in the post, we have restarted the entire ordeal of going through interviews.

So in came these two girls.

I mean, if you're a girl, alone, looking for a job at some dodgy company, going for an interview at an unfamiliar place could be quite a daunting predicament. So it's normal and acceptable that you bring along a friend to the interview venue. But this girl, and her girl friend, both entered the interview room!!! Like... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??? I for one, if am boss, will not even take her into consideration as a shortlisted candidate... I mean, you can't spoil it anymore can't you? That is the ultimate show of 'NO CONFIDENCE'!!! What has your education taught you??? Go into the interview room with your friend? Like what?? She's gonna help you answer a few questions? Or you're so 'high-class' that someone speaks for you and on behalf of you?

Even when I opened the door (ah yes, I forgot, I am also the designated Bellboy) the one who spoke first was the friend, and not the interviewee.

Friend: "Oh we're here for an interview..."
Me: Oh OK, take a seat... I'll go get my boss...
Me: And YOU are?? (Me asking the interviewee the nature of her business here.)
Friend: Oh, she's here for the interview. I'm her friend.

*Boss comes into the frame...

Sheesh. She won't get a job anywhere that way... Low confidence... Like can't you answer anything yourself???

She is doomed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

u talked!!! wat happened to fasting speech? =P hehehe....

April 06, 2006 8:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm.. didn't anyone inform her that she's um.. suppose to get into the interview room alone and that her friend could wait outside just fine or sumthg like that?

April 06, 2006 10:54 pm  
Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

Now a day, people are less independent, just like my new housemate. unbelievable.. he expected us to take care of him. yes.. it is a HE.

April 06, 2006 11:17 pm  
Blogger Chief said...

just hire the friend instead !

April 07, 2006 9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring