Thursday, February 16, 2006

Making decisions

I wonder why it is so difficult to make decisions.

Most of the time, as human beings, we would rather have life give stuff to us than for ourselves to go get it. And everytime we sit down to think about our choices, we get stressed out, we get frustration, we get cranky.

It seems that our facination with our own futures is the fuel that is driving mankind on. Some live for the present, others live in the past, some live to see what the future holds, some live to forget. There's always a choice to be made at any given time in our lives. Do we quit this job and go to a bigger firm? Where are we going in this company? Are my kids going to grow up properly? Did I fail in my previous job? What if I hadn't left? Where should I send my kids to school? Do I have enough money for my own retirement? Am I financially secured?

What if this, what if that...

I guess the biggest enemy of all mankind, throughout all these years is fear. Fear of taking a wrong turn somewhere in life, fear of doing the right things at the wrong time, to wrong things at the right time and vice-versa *I know, it's the same thing* fear of the unknown, fear of eternal shame, fear of guilt, fear of consequences, fear of committment, fear of retribution, fear... in general...

But when you come to think of it, everyone's fearing the same thing. You and I, we're all the same. I have the same fears as you do, if not more. I fear for my own future, my future kids' future, everything!!!

So if fear is a constant in life, then what's there to fear about? If everyone fears the same thing, then in theory, there's nothing to fear!! because, our fears have made us all equals!

Now... let's book ourselves a ticket and go watch 'you-know-what'...

hehehehe

2 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

watch already......=P

February 17, 2006 11:29 am  
Blogger Chief said...

i've not watch it yet. heard that it's not too good.

February 17, 2006 2:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring