Friday, February 10, 2006

I have a Current Account!!

Some people feel that in order to be a fully functional adult, you'd have to be able to issue cheques..

NOW I CAN!!!

hehehehe...

Well, not that issuing cheques is a sign of adulthood, but it does give a person the sense of freedom financially and mentally. Now that I can issue my own cheques, I do not have to rely on my parents 'pre-signed' cheques for the 'big' amounts. Neither would I need to queue up at the bank to buy a banker's draft anymore. Those are what minors do... Now, I'm a full fledge man, with full fledge responsibilities. And that's kinda scary too...

I remember clearly that I have to do a few rounds of walking to and from the accounts department during college just to make sure I have my figures right before I go make a huge trip to the bank in order to buy a banker's draft. There's so much to take note of; the figure must be exactly the amount I have to pay, the name of the institution that I am paying must be right, and I cannot refund the darn thing if something goes wrong. But now, I can just walk into a place, ask them for the details, and issue a cheque right away...

So, I am indeed happy with this...

4 Comments:

Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

I can't stop but laughing non stop while reading your post today. Indeed, it is entertaining! Well, ... I guess none of the 'minor' in England agree with you loh... they get to sign cheque when they start university loh... hahaha... :) So as Credit card... well, in Malaysia, i thought if you open the HSBC Powerventage, you will be given a cheque book immediately. haha.. anyway, congratulation lah, ADULT.

February 10, 2006 2:56 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

puik...

February 10, 2006 5:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha

how do you pay for ur credit card bills then?

February 11, 2006 12:13 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Miche: The trustee 'over-the-counter' machine that runs on 30+ years of technology... It's called 'Take a number'...

heheheheh

February 13, 2006 10:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring