Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Homecoming

Remember a few posts ago I was talking about me being homeless?

Well, this time, I went back to my parents' house, I slept out at the living room the entire time. Well, not because there wasn't a bed for me to sleep in during the nights, but it just felt weird. They allocated me into an empty bed in my grandfather's room. My grandmother is sleeping in the guest room because it's closer to the toilet since she's not very mobile nowadays.

However, homecoming was a joy indeed. This year, my relatives didn't hoard back to my hometown so it was a peacful year for a change. This means more time to spend with my parents and the occasional chat with my aunt, who was the only one who came back this year. The others went back during the long Christmas break so they didn't make the trip this time around.

Well, here's the update on the little piece of 'business' that my girlfriend and I were planning to do during our trip back. Our parents have met and now, we're going ahead with planning our marriage!! hehehehe... And I still have yet to propose...

Well, the meeting was important to our plans because we needed to know what our parents wanted, what they expected, and what other businesses that needed our planning and cooperation. Both sides were rather free and open on the ceremonies and although there are some minor glitches, we're going ahead with it. We've tentatively set the date somewhere around the 3rd quarter of next year, so that gives us a good 18 months to prepare for the entire thing. It's about the right amount of time needed for this operation...

The plan is to have the wedding ceremony here in KL, amongst our friends, followed by a light reception. Then we will fly back to our hometown a couple of days later to have the banquet for our extended family and friends. Since both sides will have a rather long guest list, it's proposed we do the banquet separately; The banquet for her parents friends and family, and another for mine. It's gonna be hectic, it's gonna be huge...

It's gonna be interesting... it's gonna be hectic... It's gonna need much planning... so help me God...

7 Comments:

Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

I guess one way how God is going to help you is to BLESS YOU...!!! Don't worry so much. :) God will BLESS you...!!! Again, congratulation!!!

February 07, 2006 12:35 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

hahah... don't congratulate me yet...

February 07, 2006 12:42 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

ui... why you so fast reply one?

February 07, 2006 1:27 pm  
Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

I congratulate you not because of your marriage, but a successful meeting with both parents la... :) Anyway.....happy for you.

February 07, 2006 1:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on the family meet up and God will definitely help you ... :)

Dont forget to share wedding pics once you get married! :D

February 07, 2006 1:50 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

P: Will think about it... cause until now, I have yet to reveal myself.. hehehehe

But then, almost all my readers know me in person...

sigh.. this blog is pathetic...

February 07, 2006 2:19 pm  
Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

come on, think positively, ... it is a good sign... :)

February 07, 2006 2:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring