Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I'm so...

Vain...

wait... what does tha word even mean?

*Checks Dictionary..*

erm... nope... I'm not as vain as I thought...

Well, maybe I am... just a little...

Arghhh...

Well, last night, I managed to move the big stuff/junk out of my apartment and there's only the smaller junk now. My fridge has been sold, and at a rather good bargain I should say... well, I still got 40% of the original price after 4 years of usage... And now, I can really travel light.

I just figured that I have so much to throw away, and so little to keep... I've started throwing some of my old papers away, some this, and thats, and suddenly I realised that some of them were paraphernalia that had been lying around my room from the entire three years I've stayed there. I came across my graduation ceremony magazine/booklet and all of a sudden, I realised how much I've grown since then.

Then it struck me that some of these memories won't come back any more. Some of the stuff has to be gone through before I throw them away just in case I threw something really imporatant.

I've been moving around so much that I haven't been able to keep much of my memorabilia with me. Everytime I move, I lose something, and it goes into the nether regions of my mind. Sometimes I don't even remember I have such a thing until I am packing and throwing things away.

I'm not a pack rat, not much of one anyway, but I do tend to 'not-throw-stuff-away' in fear that I will lose the memory of it. Little notes written by my girlfriend a few years back are still carefully tucked away somewhere... and I will make sure these notes get special treatment during the move... Then there are other little things that I picked up from my time around here, all signifying a milestone in my life...

I don't want to look back 10 years from now and see a blank space in this timeslot... memories will fail, but memorabilia, if taken care of properly, will last your lifetime, or more...

That's why photographs are said to record 'death'... A phot-shoot is supposed to kill you, in a sense, simply because that instant, that is captured in film, cannot be re-visited again. So that instant, when the flash blinks, the death of 'that particular moment' is immortalised into a form of physical memory storage...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring