Thursday, January 19, 2006

Chinese New Year Mood...

It's settling in at long last...

Though there's nothing much to celebrate about, but the family reunion should be a good time to take opportunity in catching up with the rest of the family. I've been living away from my family for so long that it seems sometimes I don't really know them anymore.

Well, that's what usually happens. And it happens to me all the time...

I go back to my hometown church, the aunties and uncles there will always say that I've grown fatter, but in reality, I have gone slimmer as compared to the year before. (heh... I make it a point to keep fit just before I go home...) And it's because they have this mental picture of me in my Form 5 years, just before I left home for my tertiary education. I was slim then... Very slim... Now I'm plumpish... Ok ok... a little over weight...

I would always go home to my little town at the most Eastern tip of Malaysia, telling myself that it is I that's changed. Not them.

I've been gone for so long, and I've been exposed to new cultures, seen new things, and changed according to my new environment.

My sister's arrival has got me re-examining now. And I have come to realise that I have changed the way I speak to the local slang. I always find myself saying something to my sister and a split second later, telling myself that she doesn't speak that way. I used to not speak that way... I mean it is still in my mother tongue, but the words that I use have changed... it's difficult to explain...

Well, I'll be going home next Saturday.. yeah...

But there's a lot of things that I have to settle before I go... First and foremost, I need to settle my moving out...

And hopefully get a room when I return...

There's other stuff on my mind.. but let's not worry my head off... One at a time...

2 Comments:

Blogger CreativeBitchin said...

where exactly is your hometown? heh. we all change. it's inevitable. the point is, have you changed for the better?

January 19, 2006 10:06 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Iwene: heh... take a look at the map, and look out for this little town at the 'mouth' of the dog...

Well, I do wish to think that I have changed for the better... However, better for me might not be better for 'them'...

January 20, 2006 9:44 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring