Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's just amazing...

Life is just amazing. 

The twists and turns that in turnb affect you positively and negatively are so drastic and most of the time dramatic. 

I figured that it'll do my blog no good if I continue to rant about my current predicament, which, if you still haven't guessed, is still not changing. But then, I start to feel a change in heart. It is as if suddenly, the complaints were gone, and the urge to make the most of what I have now comes.

Yes, I still live in a temporary apartment, I am still not settled, the school is still not starting, my wife is still pretty much pregnant, and we have nothing solid to base our short term plans on.

But then, suddenly, out of no where, I kind of see life through a somewhat lighter light. I am suddenly willingly cleaning the apartment, I am suddenly able to wash my clothes everyday (still by hand) and I am surviving without a tv. 

Friends are really hard to come by in this town, being one of the VERY few couples under 30 years old and English speaking. So in that sense, we are still finding it difficult. 

Church will still need a bit of getting used to, the way they do things around here is so different from what we are used to that I realise that it is indeed not easy to lead a life of being 'on-call'. I found out that although my powers of adaptibility were high, but I still missed quite a few things. 

I went to take a look at a prospective house that would be our little nesting place for our new family, and only after that reality struck me, that we have spent so much time and effort in building up our little nest in the minuscule apartment that we used to live in Sunway that now, we seem to not be able to live without the comforts of home. We have found out that Sunway was our home because we've spent so much time doing-up the place and we were so comfortable. Makes me pity the kids who have parents travelling from town to town in the course of earning their keep. 

And now I finally understand why people who get trransfered a lot spend so much time and effort to pack with them their photographs and memorabilia. It helps them make their new home feel like home. 

As for me and my house, it's going to be a good few years of re-building a little nest and hopefully, we won't need to move.


2 Comments:

Blogger j-kiml said...

don't wanna come back to sunway adee?

get used to the life there?

January 11, 2009 3:22 am  
Blogger Hui Ling said...

Yor bro, we got nice place here....specially for u n flora....
waiting for your return...hahaha...

January 12, 2009 3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring