Monday, November 24, 2008

Life as a pregger

Yes! I am finally blogging but its from my hubby's blog. hahaha. I tried to start one, I really did but its the maintaining part that turns me off. Malas la~~

If you have been following my hubby's blog you would know that we've been here in Tawau for awhile. To be exact I have been here for like 1 month and 9 days. The first month was truly a bit of a torture. The taste of the food here is not as intense as those that I have learnt to like. Even the most basic 'gu lou yuk' taste plain. Bleak! I guess its because we did not have transport and we could not look for restaurants with good food. So even if you are in a small town like Tawau, you HAVE to have a car, or at least a motorbike to get yourself around. Otherwise, life would be miserable without some comfort food.

So on top of the bad food, I was experiencing real discomfort due to the first trimester of my pregnancy. I did not have morning, noon, evening or night sickness but I was bloated with gas. If you throw me into a swimming pool to save someone who is about to drown, most probably, just most probably he can use me as a float to save himself. My poor colleagues would usually be able to tell what I had for breakfast just by smelling the burps that I made in the office. Its really annoying but its better than farting, I guess.

There are also things which pregnant women are not suppose to do and for me, the 'pantang' nearly drove me crazy. Its so difficult to avoid doing things like carrying heavy stuff or wear high heels when your shoe collection has no flat heel shoes. Have to eat good food la. This and that la. Argh!

Thank goodness, I am into my second trimester already. Things are starting to look and feel much better. Although, my weight has dropped slightly cos of a sick spell, things are still not too bad. We just had another baby photo taken at the Doc's. It's really amazing. I was surprised to see that the fetus has grown so much after a month. Both of us were like silent for awhile after looking at the baby through the ultrasound scan. The Doc also showed us the baby's heart which was beating like mad but normal. First time parents bah so we were like a bit sakai. So before I sign off, here are some pics.


This was taken when the fetus was only 8 weeks. Too small to recognise what it really looks like. Don't even know where the head was.

And this was just taken last Saturday. The baby has grown to 6cm measured from head to butt. Amazing, dont's you think?!

Pregger signing off.

2 Comments:

Blogger DeGiRL said...

The baby's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! and yeah.. maintaining a blog can be a bit annoying.. :) Anyway, have fun and I'll ask my uncle and aunt to help out with the yucky food part. :) God Bless ya!

November 24, 2008 10:00 pm  
Blogger Bea said...

wow.

just wow.

November 25, 2008 11:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring