Friday, October 03, 2008

Life is precious...



Dear all,

Life is precious indeed. But then, I knew God won't let me off the hook so easily... So, yeah, I'm smiling at the storm...

The incident happened like this;

Me and a group of friends went to Sandakan over the Raya Holidays.
We were on our way back to Tawau, on the stretch of road just past the Gomantong Caves Roundabout.
A car came from the opposite direction, into our lane, and was on course for a head-on collision. I honked at him but he still kept going straight. So, under the split second reaction, I could only swerve to my left as there was on-coming cars from the right, but still I couldn't manage to avoid the guy. I could still remember the smashing of my side mirror and the crash that followed.

I spun into the ditch and thus, the damage is as follows;
Front Bumper - Gone
Rear Bumper - Gone
Rear Left Light - Gone
Right side of Car - Gone Entirely (both doors, side view mirror)
Rear Wheel Axle - Gone (my right wheel was totally broken off its suspension)
Rear Wheel Rims - Gone
Exhaust Pipe - Gone (Good riddance)

All those will need to be replaced totally.

5 seconds earlier or 5 second later, and I would've avoided the guy.

Poor his insurance seller. My car's gonna get a 6-8K job I think.

So yeah, if you see a car with that plate on sale, don't buy it...

10 Comments:

Blogger enfeeliew said...

wao..thank God you're still alive....huh....hurt ?? take care ya...

October 03, 2008 7:38 pm  
Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

My friend.. I am glad you are alright...!!! Arrrggg....!!! what an experience, ho? Well, thank God for being with you. *phew*

October 03, 2008 8:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Proton Boleh!!! Lucky man....your plat number really mean something man..."want to get rich is not easy"...heheh

October 03, 2008 10:19 pm  
Blogger Sam Vun said...

Thank God Ur ok... =D abit worried for a while there...

October 04, 2008 12:39 am  
Blogger Victor da Lee said...

uh??
u sure 6-8 k job?
should reach more than 10k...

October 04, 2008 2:25 am  
Blogger JennyWong said...

Thank God you are ok... If not, my dear friend will have to be widow...

October 04, 2008 9:42 am  
Blogger heavenly said...

thank God you still alive
He save you...

October 04, 2008 3:11 pm  
Blogger j-kiml said...

take care Des, don't drink and drive...

October 05, 2008 1:16 am  
Blogger 小彭 said...

is tat guy in heaven or hell??
glad u're ok...duhh..

October 06, 2008 2:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

des, forgot to tell you that it was pretty commendable for you to have reacted in a calm and mature manner throughout the whole accident man. i was more freaked out than you, seriously. but ya, thank God we were all safe. enjoy ur stay in kl!

erik - d fella who witnessed everything about 10metres behind

October 13, 2008 12:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring