Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yeah... News is out...

So yes, the news is out by now, and there's no reason why I shouldn't blog about it... But still, reality seems to sink in slowly...

I mean... I still can't get to grips with it... It's unthinkable...

But yes, I'm gonna be a father.

Which brings me to the question, 'Will I be a good one?'

But I guess if you look at it from a biblical point of view, you can only do that much. Who your child grows up to be does not solely depend on how you brought him up to be. However well your child's upbringing can be, you'd still find that your child might grow up and lick the computer screen somehow, out of no good reason at all.

But yeah, if you would understand that it is God who gives life, and it is God who gives us children, then it would be right to say that the child will be born into my family, and there is only 1 thing I can do, which is to bring him up in a godly way, and pray that God will convict his heart to serve Him all the days of the his/her life.

So, in the end, the summary should be that a good father is a praying father?

15 Comments:

Blogger lauwy said...

wow... Congrats.. haha.. licking the computer screen is not tht bad... Sam shud see this.. hahahaha...

September 28, 2008 8:02 pm  
Blogger Bea said...

wow...congrats des!!!!

aiya my gut feelings not so quick this time to know as the other ppl who commented on ur recent post...hahaha

i know u won't be a bad dad like homer simpson...=P

September 28, 2008 8:07 pm  
Blogger Lydiaclo said...

Wow....Desmond become a daddy liao...congrats to u and also Flora...become mummy soon...hehe..happy for both of you....may God bless both of you hv wisdom to bring up this child...^_^

September 28, 2008 9:11 pm  
Blogger 小彭 said...

HALO FATHER....

September 28, 2008 10:12 pm  
Blogger Adele said...

tahniah! hehe

September 29, 2008 3:55 am  
Blogger j-kiml said...

O.o OMG OMG OMG OMG!! Des becomes father liao? Congrats!

September 29, 2008 8:05 am  
Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

I remember mom always told me my dad always kneel down and pray for me while I was in England. You should know how many miracles happen while I was in England. Not to worry. Pray hard. hahaha... :)

September 29, 2008 9:32 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 29, 2008 12:02 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

so your child will be "diu fu chai"??? hahaha

September 29, 2008 12:04 pm  
Blogger Jovina said...

Haha..!! Congrats~!!!

September 29, 2008 2:16 pm  
Blogger Sam Vun said...

Congrats desmond... can i be the god father? i promise to guide him in the ways of screen licking =D

October 01, 2008 12:28 am  
Blogger garrylin said...

OMG!!! Congrats!!!! Wohoo~ little Des is coming?~ Yeehah~

October 03, 2008 12:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tahniah Desmond... ^^

Yingying

October 03, 2008 11:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy for you!...welcome to the Father's Club..

October 09, 2008 10:04 am  
Blogger IvJoy said...

congratzz...
take care..

October 11, 2008 10:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring