Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Embrace what you have been given

The reason why I wrote all the things below are simple and straight forward. I want all of us to learn how important it is to understand your church throughout. I have met a few people out there who come from the church that broke off from us, and this guy seemingly doesn't know that much about what he was getting himself into. He tried to 'introduce' us to his wonderful pastor saying that he is this and that, but we already know him and his church inside-out. And I can testify, that I knew more about his pastor and church than he did.

So, the point that I am making today is that I want us all to come to learn, embrace and own this church which you have grown from the previous person you are to who you are today. I want us all to understand why our leadership makes the decisions they make sometimes, and why some of these problems you see in church are not, and cannot be solved. I am not saying that we have the right to do things this way just because we were hurt at one point in time, but some consideration would be much appreciated.

We have gone through much as a church, starting from a single Cell Group of about 7 committed members to a church of 450 worshippers weekly. We have grown from a death, a rebirth of sorts, and now some parts of this body still aches from the past hurts. For those who have not gone through what the members since 2001 has gone through, be thankful, but also I want us all to know that this church is not built on anything else but Christ. It is only through God that we can come to Him, and it is only through God that we can withstand such trials and tribulations.

Therefore, as my parting gift to the church that has seen me grow up from a teenager to the person I am today, I have given you a glimpse of who you are. Who we are today is a result of what we have gone through in the past, and this is our past. For the lives that I have come to influence, I hope that I have made an impact that will last long, and at the same time, set you on course for better things ahead. For those whom I have hurt, I am gravely sorry. For those whom I have not been able to reach out to, I am slightly regretful. For those whom I have not spent enough time with, I have tried, believe me, I have tried. For those whom I am leaving behind, remember to grow.

And as a last note, I urge all to remain faithful to The LORD, serving Him in whatever capacity that you can, and imitate me as I imitate Christ. I have not been perfect, but I try to be good enough. Push your boundaries and serve Him more and more. Do not let go of discipline, commitment and faithfulness.

You will face challenges of all sorts in the future, and your faith will be tested. But I urge you all to remain faithful even to the point of death. Only when you have sacrificed much that you may see what I have seen, and I hope that some day, I will be able to read about someone else's struggles in FCC that are greater than mine, and most importantly, more victorious than mine.

Until then, I shall be posting from St. Patrick's Tawau.

SaDdNesZ.jc's last post from Faith Christian Centre - No.19, Jalan PJS11/1, Bandar Sunway.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jovina said...

T.T

September 09, 2008 11:12 pm  
Blogger Victor da Lee said...

imitate ur personality and character... but not the FCC tradition of horizontal growth... hehe

i shall thank you for these 2 years in FCC. Grown so much under pastor, you and howard's leadership.

neway, eat more wotieks in tawau, if can, learn to make them so when i visit, i can makan home made wotieks~!

also.. i gonna bring a baby gift next time i see u ya.. haha

September 09, 2008 11:14 pm  
Blogger j-kiml said...

i've kinda heard of wat happened in the past but through your post, I know more about it more in detail.

You and the old members must've suffered a lot in the past but thanks to y'all, our church has grown tremendously today. Now give a pat on your shoulder.

Your testimonies indeed have taught me to love the church even more and not to give up in times of crisis.

As you're reading this in St. Pat's, I welcome you to Tawau and btw, I live quite near to Sri Indah yo~ =P

September 10, 2008 12:47 am  
Blogger timlim12 said...

dude..

thanks for everything..

i remember the first week i was in KL, jon tse told me got a dude name desmond will fetch me to worship team practice..n long behold, i got to know u..haha..

now i staying above u..lol..

thanks for the laugh, the advice, the scolding, the help and all. all the best there!

September 10, 2008 5:56 pm  
Blogger Bea said...

gonna miss u loads, bro!!!

all the best in tawau!

September 10, 2008 9:21 pm  
Blogger z - rIce said...

hey brA..

sad la...cant hear ur "lang wood" joke already..sien oh..

wanna say thx to u..remember last time u lie me to join the sunday morning worship team..haha..need to thanks u for everything that u told me n teach me b4..

T^T

all the best in tawau bro..will find u at cny..haha...

September 11, 2008 1:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See you in Tawau, brother! Begin another chapter of your life with the same determination you have gone through in FCC!!! Keep up the good work!!!

September 11, 2008 4:44 pm  
Blogger 小彭 said...

eh giu tiu...
thanks for everything..hahaz..
when i first started out..
if there's not any appearance of yours..think i would have been nth...
as i am now...

2 years of jokes... values added d..:D

See u in sri indah during christmas times..and shall bring u to some "interesting" hidden places..

September 15, 2008 4:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, who is the next successor of snakee??

Iz

September 16, 2008 2:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring