Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 1 in Tawau, Sabah

The not-so-hometown...

It's only in times where you can't do much in a little town that you tend to seek to think about something. Anything. In the big city, life is so fast paced that most of the time, people tend to forget to think. That's what they call the rat race.

But I have come to this small town in the nether regions of Sabah to do the will of the One who sent me. I wonder why He wants me here.

Anyhow, at this time, back where I come from, we would still be chasing after something, whether be it a tv series, taking a bath, or just coming back from having dinner.

Here, I arrived at 3pm just now, and by 7.30pm, I've already driven across town and back, ventured into all the major roads, found dinner on my own at a place that a friend brought me there once, bought the stuff that I needed to survive, parked my car, and walked about the town area.

It does seem to have an effect on the human psyche to adapt to this reverse culture. I came from a culture similar to this, and when I went to the big city to study, I adapted, and now, I have to re-adapt to what I have grown out of. Actually, that is the most difficult part.

And oh, Tawau is filled with round-abouts.

p/s: I would like to thank all those who have helped me out in settling in, especially in KK where I spent the night.

Oh... I touched down in KK, spent the night there, drove back to Sandakan (6hours) spent the night there, and had a haircut, then drove to Tawau (5hours).

Arrived in St.Patrick's Church compound at exactly 3pm.

9 Comments:

Blogger Victor da Lee said...

i want see u in ur new haircut la...

remember to visit taman bintang for wo tieks, town for chicken ass, and go for sup tulang in ... forgot where.. oh ya.. there's also one famous ABC in town...

September 18, 2008 11:51 am  
Blogger 小彭 said...

erm sup tulang zap lap d for ur info....
hahaz..and ABC..nearby standard chartered bank..
and also..chicken butt near the new kfc and mosque..

September 18, 2008 1:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the mm shang at hilltop, the wo tieks also very the nice at 'an bao yuan'
the shang yuk mian near church with green so called door, the seafood at tai pai dong.......
conclu, WELCOME TO TAWAU!
MICHELLE LO HERE... kekekek ;p

September 18, 2008 3:26 pm  
Blogger enfeeliew said...

argh...didn't get to meet you in KK you already arrived at Tawau how can o....haix....=( take care ya...enjoy yourself in a new town hehe....

September 18, 2008 4:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.. Welcome, my beloved Liverpool fans.. see you around, "You'll never walk alone!"

September 18, 2008 6:58 pm  
Blogger lauwy said...

haha.. just saw you at worship practice..

Welcome~ my rival liverpool fans... Since you came, Nelson don't have to walk alone anymore.. =D

September 18, 2008 11:05 pm  
Blogger Bea said...

errr....welcome to tawau!!!!


hahaha....oh well, if i can't beat 'em, join 'em! =P

September 20, 2008 2:28 pm  
Blogger Richmond Cheow said...

Welcome to Twu^^ zzzz...the rivalry beginsXDXD

September 20, 2008 11:29 pm  
Blogger j-kiml said...

there's one roundabout which is very popular... ask the tawau ppl.. Go there at midnight, make 3 rounds and -gg

September 21, 2008 12:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring