Thursday, December 21, 2006

Backward flush...

For some unknown reason I felt sick shortly after my late breakfast yesterday. Fever and achy bones plus the whole package. So I thought I could sleep it off... thus, for the entire day of Wednesday, I was only awake for about 6 hours...

It's not normal for me to get sick. Afterall, I haven't been to a doctor's in like 7 years. I know it's not a good thing, but I do tend to get these small illnesses that requires a few tablets of 'this' or 'that' from the local pharmacy, and that's about it.

But this time, it felt dead serious. I had a high fever and my girlfriend was so worried about my condition that she rushed out to get me those fever stickies for my head in the middle of the night fearing that the fever would over-heat my brain. She also got me to eat a few tablets here and there.

However, something deep within me kept telling me that I need to puke. I mean, who'd think that puking out whatever's in your gut would have something to do with fever right? So, let's just say that I had a gut feeling that I needed to puke. (drum roll for a successful pun please!)

So I had my girlfriend get me a few glasses of plain water, gushed the water in, and the back-flush started almost immediately because there was too much water inside. And the best part is, while puking my guts out, I felt like dying... water just gushed out from inside, hurting my esofagus, through my nostrils... The force of the water was so strong that even pressing my nose together didn't stop it from coming through... but as soon as my gut stopped processing the anti-peristalsis effect, the fever was as good as gone!

I just wonder why I am able to pull this kind of thing off time and time again. I know it's simple when you put it into terms like 'Just listen to your body...' and all that... Ah, let's just take a little time out and contemplate on how marvelous indeed that your body can act and react as such, telling you what's wrong, and what needs to be done. More of people like me, and the doctors would need to find a second profession...

2 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

the correct term is 'reverse peristalsis'.....bwahahaha...

glad to read at the end that u're Ok....=)

December 22, 2006 9:57 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

B: Signs that I'm not good at medical stuff... ahahahahahah... and my non-association with medical terms just tells you how much I know about medicine...

Kids @ home: Don't try this at home... you might die...

December 23, 2006 1:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring