Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Multiplicity...

When you're in the business of looking after others, one of you is never enough.

So it's the 5th week of working in my new place, and I'm slowly adapting to the pace of work and all that. And if you'd not already know, I'm now in the business of handling people. And to satisfy a group of 350++ people isn't really an easy task. especially since now, everyone's an individual, no one wants to be 'part of the group'. Everyone wants to see and be seen in the group as important, every little details counts, every mouth who speaks need to be listened to, every mind needs to be apeased, every question answered, every issue resolved, every mistake corrected, every little thing must be entertained.

The pressure is high, the demands are even higher. But I'm not complaining. I'm seriously enjoying my job. But then, as time dictates, ONE of me is not enough to go around. The main problem is, I can do a lot of things stated above. I can do one or two things at the same time, but not more than that. Thus, I have came to a forgone conclusion that one of 'Me' is not enough.

I wonder how to make everyone happy. If only I could have a few faces whereby I can be bad to someone which needs a little scare, and at the same time, I can be good to someone who needs caring and attention. At the same time also, I need to act intellectual in front of the educated, and rough when among those who are not into education.

And thus, I find the demands on my time and talent is much in need, and very scarce. But then, I too am limited by time and space. I can't do everything at the same time, nor can I achieve the feat of being in two places at the same time.

So, I guess this will be a constant struggle. But heck, I am seriously enjoying this.

4 Comments:

Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

I read your blog after my wrote mine and found that, we are at the same issue. To handle people. I just hate it lately. So, don't scold me for being alone sometimes, it is NEEDED. Goodness!!!

January 04, 2007 4:25 pm  
Blogger etls said...

Well, 'ME' alone is not going to work, but I would say 'ME' together with 'GOD' will be better =)
Just remember while you give your time to others, reserve some for yourself bro, don't end up helping others but forgot to minister to yourself, that's an important thing to remember =)

January 04, 2007 6:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TGL: Love God, Love Man... for there is no greater commandment than these.

etls: I have my own quiet times... when i'm in the loo... ahahaha

SaD.jc

January 05, 2007 12:50 am  
Blogger etls said...

Eh ! I just realised that I even had to rush in the loo due to my deadlines .. muahaha ...

You will do just fine, don't worry =)

January 05, 2007 9:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring