Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Trainer Rings

So yesterday was a public holiday...

I had the day off and so decided to go get my girlfriend a ring...

We decided to get her a ring as an engagement ring of sorts. Although she already wears a ring that I got for her during our 2nd year together, I have yet to get a proper engagement ring. So we set out to get her a ring, with a little stud on it.

And we duly got it. heh... unlike Some people who had just had a proper proposal and engagement, mine, hhhmmm... let's just say I'm not very creative when it comes to this... Or maybe it's the fact we started off the relationship with marriage in mind, so it's a non-issue whether we're marrying each other or not...

It's about 50 weeks from now until our wedding date, and here we are, looking for a set reasonable rings, something that we can afford. And while we were at it, I also got myself a piece that's similar to hers, but without a rock; a trainer ring of sorts.

It's really comfortable, the design's simple but great, not too expensive, and good enough. We've even got our names engraved inside... Her name on my ring, and mine on hers...

So, this is, in my entire life-time, the first time I will seriously wear a ring on my finger(s)... I say 'finger(s)' because I am still coming to grips with the ring being on my middle finger all the time.

It's weird. I have never really had a long term thing stuck to my hands for long periods of time. The only accessories that I have is my watch, and that's about it. I used to wear a silver necklace, but it's gone busted and I have not got the time nor the need to get it repaired. Besides that, I'm relatively naked when it comes to accessories. It's just something that I can do without... I just don't know why...

And I said trainers because I do feel that it takes training to wear a real wedding ring. It's been only a night, and half a day, and I've gotten scratches on it. The ring keeps bugging me, telling me it's there, on my finger. Whenever I open a door, I risk scratching it. Whenever I wash my cup, it's there, whenever I do anything with my hands, whether it's my left or my right, I feel that I need to conscientiously protect the ring from scratching.

Then I noticed one thing. That a relationship is really not much different from keeping the ring. It's easily scratched, it needs (demands) your attention, it keeps telling you it's there, and it reminds you of who you're dedicated to.

And I thank God for reminding me all this by just a little piece of round metal.

Now, I only wonder when my fingers will get used to it...

Hhhmmm...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you two are getting married on Nov 30 or Dec 1 '07?

December 13, 2006 5:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one ring to rule them all....mu4h@h4

December 13, 2006 8:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kal: It's always on a Saturday, and not too close to Christmas...

B: Evil has never been this good...

SaD.

p/s: I took the ring off in my sleep... *Gasp!* Woke up and found my fingers empty... Still needs a bit of time to get used to it...

December 13, 2006 10:25 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

December 1st it is. Congrats man!

December 14, 2006 11:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring