Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Of Stuff...

It's a bit funny for me in life lately.

I think it's due to pressure from work, from friends, from my family.

Well, work wise, this month is the busiest in terms of internal rushes. The clients are rushing out quite a lot of things at once, and with the extra (not forgetting to mention stupid) work-load that's been heaped on me, I must admit that some of the frustration does overspill into my private life.

Now, I am the copywriter cum traffic manager cum email coordinator cum whatever cum going off soon.

So, during the course of a day, there will be moments of sitting down, doing nothing, and there will be times where the clients will be asking for a lot of things. At times like this, I will be so free that I can surf the net for footballing news, read blogs, write my blog, and chat.

Then, there are times where I am required to write some texts, send stuff out for translation, check the ad for mistakes, email artwork to the clients, re-emailing the same client the same ad, because the fella cannot receive, resend a previous ad to another client who wasn't included in the previous email, check things, do a mock-up of the final artwork, and all that. And the request doesn't come from 1 party. I am working with 4 other designers who would be rushing on a good 2-3 jobs per day. And I have to make sure every piece of artwork gets to its intended recepient. Sometimes, I need to perform a bit of Emergency crap cleaning also... sigh...

Well, I don't mean to complain, but all that does take a toll on me. I mean, I enjoy being busy, instead of vegetating at the office, but sometimes, these things are a hindrence to my real job. It seems that being a copywriter, you have to give your bosses much more added benefits too. And the thing I don't like particularly is that I am supposed to be responsible for every little mistake. And I only wonder why extra responsibility is not met by extra pay...

And I can bet you, the next writer will not be able to take up the same crap that I am taking up. I only wonder if there is someone who will be willing to do so many extra things.

ahahahaha... I might be a doormat, but I am an indespensible doormat!!! muahahahaha...

Now, all I need is to borrow RM30 to register my own company named 'DoorMat' from the Registrar of Companies.

I'll employ doormats like me to work as doormats at countless cheapskate firms like my current one. For all you know, there's a market for such crap.

ahahahahaha

4 Comments:

Blogger peisheah said...

you vision might signal the beginning of something greater?...

November 08, 2006 6:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll be the first.

hire me, i can be very utilizing doormat!

von.

Update: U and Bea got 20cent and RM2 off the ground. MwaHahahaha u wont believe tis but...beat this, I got to pick up a fiver this afternoon! On my tea break !! wuhoo~

November 08, 2006 11:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: Maybe... ahahaha... I better patent this idea before some bloke steals it off this blog.. ahahahahahah

Von: I'll you be the first to know as and when I register my company under the name of "DES Irritation Services: We'll come to you when you're not free".

I even have the tagline ready...

Ahahahahahah...

SaD.

November 09, 2006 9:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont forget to add

(Coming to the boss near you)

End quote

Employee of DES irri.service bhd.

*LOL

November 11, 2006 6:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring