Friday, June 23, 2006

Career...

I've lost it...

I seriously don't know what I want now. I mean, I can be so many things, but yet there are so many things that I don't want to be.

Maybe I've been a tad too much on the low-confidence side of things. Possibly an eagle who hung around turkeys too much, thus, losing the ability to fly. And I'm not only talking in terms of body mass here. It's the mentality.

I am on the brink of a career change and only now I realise what I am losing. I have been hanging around small agencies for too long now. If my ex-classmates can make it big in big companies, then why not me??

I've been to countless interviews at small and medium sized agencies and these people have no regard of where I came from.

Only last night, after chatting with a friend (I've been doing a lot of that lately) that I realised that maybe I should use my University's name more. I mean, most of the agencies that I have been working at don't even know what Monash University is. Heck I wonder if they know how a University looks like.

So, I thought to myself. My parents paid through their noses for me to get a good education from a good establishment, why am I flashing it at those who don't even know what it's worth? Why not put the money spent into good use and use the piece of paper that says 'Ba in Comm' from Monash University Malaysia, a member of the 'Group of Eight' prestigious Australian Universities.

What have I been doing for the past 2 years trying to hang around turkeys?? I am an eagle.. I paid for my citizenship to live in the remuneration region that says 'For Eagles and High Flyers only'. Why am I flashing my genetically well built wings at a bunch of turkeys who have no need for wings??

hhhmmm....

Maybe that's why I'm so fat... I need to get myself to a big BIG company and skip a few lunches and dinners for the sake of work. Then I'll be able to fly.

Crap...

1 Comments:

Blogger Chief said...

sounds like youneed to get out of there fast

June 26, 2006 10:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring