Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Good News...

After a few days of mild depression,

The news finally broke.

I have got my resumes into two of the targeted companies I want to work for. Well, I have 1 particular company in mind, and the other's just a 'just-in-case' cum 'see-how-things-go' kinda option.

BEAMS *I know... only bimbos 'BEAM'... * Can't I enjoy a bimbotic moment?

Well, that's it... Just my resume in the hands of a few people who could determine my fate for the next few years at least. If I get into my first choice company, and I like the job, I'll stay for a long time.. (But then, that's what I've been saying all this while.) Now I'm waiting for them to call me in for interviews.

Seriously, I've been job hopping for long enough already.

I am seriously thinking of this Marketing & Communications job and I do think that I would like it. I mean, I don't know... sigh...

If you've been following me (gosh that my second time saying this phrase today in this blog) for quite some time, you'd know that I am going to conduct a 'Creative Writing' workshop in a church camp. It's going to be fun in a sense. The whole worshop thing is to get the campers (who are mostly college students) to chase their dreams. And this platform is provided to them so that they can get a little bit more insight in what they can and should expect when they come out to work. Living in an Asian community, almost everyone's parents, for the past 20million years, have always wanted their children to study some big-titled degree programme so that they can graduate and later become a doctor, lawyer or an engineer. It's like other jobs aren't 'real' jobs. But what if the kid's passion is in Art?? or in Marine Biology?

So, this is to help the young people realise what their dreams are, and give them a rough idea of how to achieve them.

And now, I find myself walking out of what seemed to be my dream 2 years ago...

It's saddening... and slightly apalling that I was one of those who came out of the hatchery of a university having a game plan on my mind, and now, I turn to the left and to the right? trying to dodge bullets? or trying to join another war somewhere else?

Dreams and fantasies change. We change. Everybody changes.

I just hope mine's changing for the better.

2 Comments:

Blogger 95% The Advertising Academy said...

I'm a great believer of chasing dreams (no matter how silly or fluffy others may judge them to be). Thank goodness I am blessed with really understanding parents.

It's great that you're gonna talk to college kids about their dreams - hope you keep yours alive too! Hang in there, it may be rough but if you keep at it, it may just find the fulfilment you're looking for.

April 19, 2006 6:23 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Janet: To tell you the truth, I used to dream to be able to write like you...

April 20, 2006 9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring