Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Sometimes, a bit of temper is good

I have always had this mentality that I am a junior and I am working to gain experience.

And that has made me rather 'compromised'. I mean, my bosses love me and they love to use me... sadly because I am very accomodating. I have not shown any temper at work, and I have been very helpful towards my colleagues and all that.

But after speaking with a few friends and a few collagues, I have found out that actually, I will need to show at least a bit of temper at work. If not, I'll be stepped over, trampled and over-used.

I just came into the office after sending some shitty artwork to the client in Damansara and it has taken a good hour of effort. And the worst is, I don't even get tipped for doing this... 'A favour'...

shitty...

Well, I am resolved to show some temper at the next office I am going to work at... This time around, I'll wait for my bonus, and leave at the first opportunity I get...

Then, I will start afresh, and start acting like a total bitch because everyone acts like that to protect themselves in the office... If you do not climb on others, then chances are, they will trample on you..

Maybe I haven't been clear enough in my intentions... Maybe I should start acting as if I'm working solely for money... and not to earn a living... or to learn anything...

I think the abillity to survive in this modern office environment is the ability to portray oneself as confident... false or not, if you give your peers confidence, you will get somewhere...

Afterall, from what I see, the major publications / ad agencies don't give too much of a shit about good designs... So I guess I would be able to do quite well... I have seen enough of 'this new job was actually done by someone else, but now the client got fed-up with them...' and whilst I was revising their copy, it was really horrendous... and that 'someone else' was a medium sized advertising agency...

well... there you go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring