Friday, February 24, 2006

Creative Writing?

I've been asked to conduct a workshop for a church students' camp in May, and the topic is duly, 'Creative Writing'...

I mean, I have had been taught how to write articles, news papers, and shit-loads of assignments, but not really 'Creative Writing' as a topic on its own. Besides, what can a person learn from a 4 hour stint?

I have been mulling over what to say, what to do and how to give the fellas the best possible projection of what Creative Writing should be. Some would say that poems are creative. Others would go for advertisement copy. I say, everything...

I do feel that writing in itself is a creative thing. Not everyone can string a sentence and take the effort to make the sentence sound good. Well, actually, everyone can.. But not everyone will stirke it with an audience.

hhhmmm.... I think I got it now...

There is no such thing as writing for no-one inparticular. Whenever we write, we would wirte for an intended audience, be it ourselves, our kids to read the next time, or a general audience out there, somewhere.

And this audience must be pleased in order that you become an established writer. You do not please the masses, then you are nobody. You do not please yourself with your own writing, you apparently suck, and only you know it.

So... Thank you everyone... you read me... this means that I am indeed doing something right...

~~~~~~~~~

Oh... I found out a huge oxymoron this morning in the LRT...

There were quite a significant number of people wearing these 'Citibank' t-shirts in the train, but none of them talked to each other. I found it weird in a sense that they have been given the same identity, but yet, they do not know each other, nor acknowledge each other. What's Citibank trying to do here??? Portray a uniformed and united image that does not promote unity?

It's like the cells in your toes saying to the kidneys, "I don't know you. Not talking to you. Although we're in the same building, and our 'DNA's the same (Apparently), NOT TALKING TO YOU!!!"

3 Comments:

Blogger _butt said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

February 25, 2006 11:15 pm  
Blogger Shan Shang said...

muahhahaha...
u teaching creative writting??? serious?? i am actually planning to go there! but kinda scare as my english, malay nor chinese is good.. so i scare go there very paise.. c how god lead me.. i will either take this or d social thingy.. hehehe..

February 26, 2006 2:05 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

33: That's the plan... I will break you guys into pieces, and have you guys think so much about life and writing in life that you will break dolwn and cry...

muahahahaha...

BE AFRAID>>>> BE VERY VERY AFRAID!!!

February 27, 2006 9:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring