Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday Worries...

It's the last day of the week, and i'm supposed to be happy...

Well, in a sense, i am looking forward to the weekend whereby I can take a break off work and do some personal stuff that needs immeidate attention. First and foremost, my aquarium needs a water change... My poor arowana has been suffering, swimming in its own piss for quite some time now... It's been acting aggravated these couple of weeks. I have the thought and intention of setting it free into a pond nearby, but it's a good 18 inches long. How am I going to get it out of my tank? And walk the distance of a probable 300 metres to the pond? It is a giant and a very strong fish. Once it curls its tail, it can jump probably twice it's own length into the air.

Then there's this business of getting my apartment loan settled. The banker has yet to call me to determine the finer details of the loan package and I still owe the lawyers a few hundred bucks. I need to buy a bank draft for the down payment, and it's not gonna be pretty. As experience tells me, you can't withdraw more than 9K from a 'sister' branch of the bank. If I need to withdraw more than 9K, I'd have to go back to the branch where I opened my account, and that would be in Nilai, N.Sembilan. Stupid rules I know, but apparently, that was what I was told the last time I bought a draft for 10K to pay for my tuition fees. The cashier authorised 9K from over the counter and I have to apparently withdraw 1K from the ATM machine so as to say that I brought my own 1K. I mean... How more stupider can it get!??

Well, that's only one of my issues. The lawyers need to be paid too. Well, I can give them cash straight away, but it's better to get a bank draft as well. Then there's the business of how do I get it to them before 25th of this month? That'll need to take care of itself...

Once all this is settled, I'll be home and dry. Then, give it another 2 more months to let realisation seep in and as soon as I get my first statement, I will be officially imprisoned for 30 years... Habislah... Working to earn your own keep is one thing, but when you work to service your loan, that's an entirely different thing altogether. I guess all this comes along with the tag of 'Grown-up'.

I know I have a long way to go still, but it's not stopping me from making long term plans, and long term plans normally mean long term worries... sigh...

There's also other personal and familial stuff to be done tomorrow. So much to do, so little time.

2 Comments:

Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

PC: Your guppies won't even last 10 minutes in the tank with it... I feed it live koi that is easily available at the aqua-shop: 18 lives for a buck, twice a week.

And if you seriously want it, you'd need a 4-foot tank...

Besides, I heard that such fish are very sensitive to change in surroundings... They are known to die after a new paint job in the house...

January 13, 2006 12:42 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

If not how???

Drain the water and let the poor thing suffocate in the cold air issit?

I cannot lah...

About the pond, i don't think it'll change the food chain that much lah... It's big enough for a few of em things to co-habitat in peace...

January 13, 2006 4:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring