Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What's in a ROSE???

Flowers... What a girl needs is flowers...

Flowers are constantly billed as the epitome of love. Flowers are fragile, and their beauty is delicate. Like a relationship between a man and a woman, special care is needed to make them last longer, but everyone knows that they are temporal. Beauty that is here one day, and gone the other.

I engaged in a discussion with a friend earlier, and it all started when she said she was tending to some roses that her housemate bought from Cameron. So we were happily chatting until she asked, "When was the last time you got your girlfriend some flowers?"

I told her, "I have never gave my girlfriend flowers."

"I don't like to give her something that's temporal."

She said: "You have a point."

Flowers are temporal. It is indeed beautiful, and delicate, but such beauty only lasts for a few days. I would rather give my girlfriend something that lasts, like diamonds and pearls. But since I couldn't afford those yet, she'll have to do with gold first.

Many a time, we have settled for the temporal in place of the lasting. And sometimes, we are willing to give up a lot of things in order to gain such temporal happiness. And if flowers were to represent my love for my girlfriend, then that would mean that I will only love her for a short while!

So, girls, make sure you don't ask for temporal love from your boyfriend. But then, only God can give us eternal love. Man can give you his life, but never everlasting love.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chief said...

along the journey for the eternal, don't forget to enjoy the temporal.

try giving her flowers and see the joy in her eyes !

October 25, 2005 1:29 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

My plan is to give her some when I propose... and so that she cherishes the moment, that'll be the only time I will give her flowers... White Lillies...

i think she'll get the hint when she receives white lillies...

October 25, 2005 2:31 pm  
Blogger D@nnY {-.-"} said...

haha.. desmond, you help the guys to save some money to buy flowers.. haha.. jus kidding XP

October 26, 2005 2:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

urgh! i never like flowers...such a waste of money...my hubby bought roses during our marriage registration...he ended up holding it himself. hehehe.

October 26, 2005 4:53 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Danny: Helping you and your future girlfriend ah...
Miche: That's what I'm afraid of... and that's one of the reasons why I don't buy her flowers... hahahahah

October 26, 2005 5:00 pm  
Blogger Ewilly Liew said...

as a girl, I second what chief said, whuahaa~

October 26, 2005 11:37 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

the entire female population is against me!!!

October 27, 2005 9:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring