Friday, October 21, 2005

Giving in Faith...

Well, any religion that you indulge in will ask you for some form of money offering.

Well, a faith/belief is always an organisation, and we know that every organisation needs money to operate. So in actual fact, the money that you give to your religious organisation goes into the maintenance and the everyday functioning of its facilities.

I've always told people this:

"Whenever we offer to God a significant amount of money from our monthly income, we are actually contributing to the work of God on earth. The church cannot exist without the offering money from its members. That's why everyone who comes into believing in God must give. When you join a church (or any reliegious organisation for that matter) you expect to be ministered to. The facilities must be of acceptable quality. the facility needs to be comfortable. Air-conditioning, carpetting, a good sound system, the cleaners, the purchase of toiletries, and the utility bills all need to be paid for. And you can't expect the daily running of the church to be provided for without your own contribution. That's why we should all give in faith into the offering. If you don't give, then the church simply cannot function. A giving church is a growing church. You can't grow if you don't have the facilities to improve yourself. If you commit to a church, then you should give.

Imagine: Pastor, pastor, my house got ghost oh. Can come and chase it away in the name of God Father, Son and Holy Spirit?

Pastor replies: Oh, I'm sorry but in the name of the committee that you guys selected into the church council, I do not have the funds needed to make the trip to your house. Now that petrol prices are up...

Then the only guy to blame is yourself lar. Why never give??

Anyways, that's not the point.

The point of argument is that we are always asked to give in faith to the work of God on earth. We are constantly called to give, give, and give. And most of the time, we are asked to give in faith.

We constantly hear testimonies about how God blessed a certain person when the fella allegedly empied his pockets before God, and still could survive on a miserly RM10 per week (In Malaysia, you need an average RM4 per meal) And that was an act of faith that was reciprocated by God. That was an act that required immense faith that God will provide for the person after he gave everything he had to God into the offering bag.

However, the question remains. Will a credit card affect this act of faith?

I mean, the person would have to rely solely on God for his daily provisions after he's emptied his pockets. But nowadays, if God calls me to drop my entire wallet's cash into the bag, I could still survive without God's help. I could always swipe my credit card. So does it lessen my act of faith into a calculated risk?

7 Comments:

Blogger Chief said...

do you really believe that this whole earth and everything in it belongs to God ?
you're actually a steward and returning a bit of what God has bless you with !

October 21, 2005 3:47 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

but then... I still need some material money to keep myself going right???

Although I trust God will provide me with everything, but the credit card causes me to put my trust in Him less because I can alway s buy things in credit. So I actually have a buffer as big as my credit limit...

But if I am not living with a credit card in hand, then God is my credit...

October 21, 2005 4:07 pm  
Blogger Chief said...

instant gratification & trusting God for something are 2 different things.
there are things you'll have to work for and there are things you trust Him for.
i have to work to feed my family and i but trust God to help us save for a holiday overseas.
Although i can take my family for a holiday with my CC, getting into debt for non essentials is not a wise thing.

October 21, 2005 10:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God knows you, sure he will ask to drop all the credit cards too! :P

October 22, 2005 2:14 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Chief: Wise words... :)

Miche: Unfortunately, my church don't have enough billings to apply for the swipe machine... hahahaha

October 24, 2005 9:29 am  
Blogger KY said...

credit card's invented by the DEVIL(tm)

October 24, 2005 10:19 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

KY: Yeah... and now you can even choose the colour...

Get one from Public Bank and you can get a Red Devil Card.

But as for me and my household, We Will Never Walk Alone.

October 25, 2005 10:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring