Monday, October 24, 2005

Fun Weekend

Well, I had quite a good weekend this time around. Spent some time going around with my girlfriend and had a relaxing time. I'm well rested, and ready to take on the world!

The demands on a person like me is rather great. I have come to a place that's not my own, and I'm struggling to earn more than I need to spend. Today, if you want to live with relative convenience and luxury, you'd need at least RM3,000 per month. And that too, i'm talking about driving a lousy car, Proton no less, a flat that costs no more than 150K, and you'd have to eat cheap food all the days of your life. And you won't have much of a savings.

That's the problem with us, 'migrants' is that we have no 'old money'. For those who have a family here, they have a good 3-4 year head start. This is because they can save up for thier first pad with relative ease. But for the 'migrants' like me, I have to pay for a room that is not my own, helping someone else pay for their monthly installments. New money is hard to make. That's why, more and more people are trying very hard to get married later.

Sometimes, I feel like i've failed my girlfriend. It's not that we don't want to get married, but we can't get married with no savings, and no place of our own. And I keep on telling her that I can't marry her because I haven't got enough money. That'll mean that our marriage is based on financial ability, and not love. But however much I want to marry her, I can't do it on this minuscule salary of mine.

But we've been together for so long already that we should get married immediately... sigh...

Besides, my parents won't allow it, because I'm not financially stable enough, and besides, I haven't got a house to move into after marriage. Well, the scenario is this; She has a place of her own, bought by her parents for her, and I can't move into it because my parents will have none of it. Although her parents are ok with it if we marry and move into the house, but then, because of familial pride, the groom should never move into the bride's place. It should be the other way around. If I move into her place, that will disgrace my family in a sense that we recognise that heer family is better off. That's why, I can't get married until I am able to get my own pad.

What to do... sigh...

That's why sometimes, when my younger friends come to me for advise and stuff, I would advise them not to get involved ina relationship too early. Lest they become like me, hanging...

5 Comments:

Blogger D@nnY {-.-"} said...

well, this is fact.. all about money... recently i've just committed myself not to have any relationship due to one of the reason which is financial. I'm starting to understand about this..

October 24, 2005 2:48 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

learn from my experience... hahahaha

You got loads of time ahead...

October 24, 2005 3:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man, glad you had a fun weekend.

regarding your financial position, i can't say i envy it. i guess we just have to learn to make the most of what we have. regarding your girlfriend, i'm sure she knows and sees the true situation and she'll be patient.

why don't you try taking part in the star word puzzle? if you win 30k there i'm sure it'll go a long way. otherwise you'll improve your skill as a copywriter and that should help you career-wise too. win-win :)

October 24, 2005 7:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand your concern and i really feel sorry for you at the same time. Yea we should view marriage as a commitment from two persons and money should not be the issue to decide whether both of you should get married or not. But sometimes our level of faith haven really reach the stage where God will really just provide us with the things we need. But do not be discouraged, i will pray for you that God will be your provider in everything you need. Go for it and God bless

October 24, 2005 8:22 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

David: The Star thing, it's a scam... hahahaha. There's no such thing as a free lunch. And most of the answers are words that have the same amount of alphabets, and mean almost the same thing. So it's like shooting in the dark. I tell you the truth, it is more difficult that getting married.

Akira: Yeah. I need loads of help from God. Always have....

October 25, 2005 9:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring