Monday, October 24, 2005

The encourager

Sometimes, we are so infused with ourselves in being the 'encourager' that we forget to get encouragement from our friends.

I figured that I've been talking too much lately. I've been talking and talking and talking about my thought. People come to me and ask me a simple question, and I talk about all the theories behind, inside, around and above the simple question just for the sake of trying to sound intelligent. Maybe I think too much, and maybe I know too much. I try so hard to be politically correct in everything I say, and I promote political correctness to my friends.

If you say something that I feel can be said in a better way, I will tell you all the causes and effects of such a statement, and all its underlying theories and facts. I know too much.

It's not my fault that I have such an eye for detail. It's not my fault that I have an interest in such things. It's not my fault that I am politically inclined, and I studied a bit of every ideology in my Uni. I am in no way an expert, but I do know quite a significant amount of theories and ideologies that will make me sound 'intellectual' enough...

Sometimes I talk so much that I leave no space for people to encourage me. Sometimes, maybe, I should just let myself be weak, and show my weakness.

Being a leader means to be able to lead even in times of difficulty. Not to be strong all the time. A leader should be free to make mistakes and show his weakness so that he too can be ministered to, taken care of.

But the standards of the world are such that you are 'not-good-enough' if you're weak. And if you show your weaknesses as a leader, you lose respect.

This perception has to change. A leader is there to lead people into achieving a certain goal. Not to be superman. But most of the time, followers are expecting nothing less than a super-human being for a leader.

Give your leader some slack. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

*nods head*....sometimes we're so much the giver than the receiver....

October 24, 2005 7:27 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Bea: But if everyone gives, then logic tells us that everyone will receive. But if no one gives, then no one will receive. And if only one gives, then the one does not receive.

mathematical...

October 25, 2005 9:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring