Wednesday, September 07, 2005

There! I've finished my job in hand.

It's a funny feeling.

I've supposedly finished my jobs at hand and I am sitting here in the office with nothing to do, but yet, the company still insists on paying me to sit here. How frustrating can that get?

I mean, tomorrow will be my last day and yet, the boss still hasn't asked me to hand over my jobs to anyone, and I have just handed-in a half-hearted effort of a pitch job to his partner. I say this is half-hearted because the pitch is not due until some time next week, and I would've been long gone before the finalisation of the visuals. And yet, he still wants me to handle the job, finish what I can, and hand in the stuff for the pitch job. I am pretty sure that they'll say that my work is sub-standard and whatever-not, and they'll come up with 'better' headers when I'm gone... so, I keep asking myself, "why bother?"

So there you have it, my version/options whatever. He should've let me go by offsetting my 2 days leave and let the other writer, whom he loves, take over. I mean, since I am so weak in so many areas, why does he still insist that I do it? It's not like I'll be here to finish it anyway.

And worst is, his partner will not be coming in today. He's gone down to Melaka for some stint, and thus, the stuff will not be finalised. And any dirty work left behind will be done by the other writer anyways...

So I keep asking myself, "Why bother?"

I know I have to professional at this, but yet, you can't blame me for not being motivated to do your work. It's you who didn't want to confirm me in the very beginning, and now you want to keep me here for as long as you can? What shit is that lar??

I'm just pissed because I spent 2 hours getting to work.. So it's a little bit of corporate overspill here... No offense intended.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man, i detect a hint of bitterness in your tone. i know things are tough, but you're tougher.

your 10-point conspiracy theory is excellent. desmond at his best haha.

September 07, 2005 1:18 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

I guess that's me... I don't leave an organisation for no good reason.

If the place is good, I will soldier on as and when I am still needed. But to go on such terms, you can't blame me for being bitter.

Maybe I'm just misinformed or simply disillusioned about the corporate world. But hey, since you didn't think I fit the bill at your esteemed agency, then I have no qualms on leaving. Since I am not going to gain recognition nor appreciation, why should I soldier on a daft cause?

September 07, 2005 1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring