Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Blogging is a sort of Dualism...

Well, a lesson that I've been learning from my pastor is that there's this thing known as dualism, where the ancient Greeks (initiated by Plato) practised.

Dualism in a nutshell means that an individual can be separated into the Mind and the Body. And both are mutually exclusive, as it were. This means that I can be a devout believer in a faith, but yet, because Mind and Body is separate, I can do anything to my Body as I wished. Maybe the modern term for this hypocracy, but that's slightly different in context. Well, blogging is somewhat similar to this. What I blog is seemingly detached from my physical body as it were. Sometimes, we blog or rant about our friends, colleagues, bosses, and whoever we want to write about. And seemingly, this does not really get our physical self into trouble. Or maybe a few out there has suffered from putting sensative material onto their blogs. There are instances where people bitch about an incident where they get stick from their colleagues, but because the colleagues don't read the blog, they are safe.

So, does this mean that whenever we operate in the dark, we can practise dualism freely. That I can be a devout believer in what I write is true to myself, bad-mouthing my colleague/friends, but in the real world, I am rubbing shoulders and shinning shoes for them?

So which is the truth?

That I hate my colleagues, or that I am truly a suck-up?

That is why I never play suck-up.

1 Comments:

Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

hot dang... I got spammed again!!!

September 07, 2005 9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring