Monday, September 05, 2005

Today is the start of a new week,

and as usual, Monday sucked like Mondays should... I woke up with a catch on my neck, and it hurts slightly whenever I turn my head to the left. And I woke up with an aching body. Might be caused by almost 2 weeks of inactivity on the football field.

Anyways, one of my colleagues got fired on Friday, and left there and then. No 7 days notice, no fuss, no shit... I wonder if I would have suffered the same fate if I hadn't handed in my resignation letter earlier that day. So now, I'm preparing to finish all the stuff that was given to me, and leave this forsaken place...

The only thing on my mind was whether I was in the wrong. Did I not perform well enough, or has it always been a conspiracy against me from the very beginning? On one side, the management knew that I had very little, close to nothing, experience and yet they took me in as the more senior, and I really didn't perform up to their standards, but they knew I had little experience, and their experience in the industry should have told them that it does not work that way... But they confirmed the other guy, who was supposed to be my junior, and left me out to dry... And seriously, I do think that I am more capable than the dude. But then, there isn't any fair competition to be made as comparison anyway. I've been doing radio, TV and press whereas he's only done leaflets with a pinch of press ads here and there, and the clients he handles are more direct. A lot to do, but his clients come with a direct instruction. I think I can do well at that, cause I have been well trained to do that... and I would have fitted in instantly. Not that I want his job or anything, but I just feel weird that the management takes in the fella who had no experience at all, and let the one with more experience go.

Well, whatever lar. I've found myself a new job, and couldn't be bothered too much about it.

The only weird thing though, is that the boss has yet to call me into his office for the final instructions... Up until now, I am still handling a few jobs that will still go on through until after I leave. I am not handling it over to my colleague first... simply because I have not been directed to do so... *evil smirk*

Office politics... Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring