Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Turn of fortunes?

Suddenly, everything started to look up...

I was so emotionally down and drained yesterday that I didn't want to turn up for work today. The company didn't want to confirm me and prolonged my probation period because I was 'weak in certain areas' and wasn't on par with their expectations, but today, I think I've performed enough to warrant at least something.

Then, during lunch, my previous employers buzzed me asking me whether I would be interested in rejoining them. Suddenly, I wasn't wanted, and suddenly, I was a prized commodity.

It was only when i am starting to get the hang of things, the company said that I wasn't good enough. Yes, i wasn't good enough in a sense that I have yet to fit in entirely into the system, but I am not the type who would rustle feathers just to get things done. For the past 2 and a half months, I've been entangled with some office politics, trying to gauge everyone's actions and reactions, trying to figure out how things worked at this place, and when I have just seen the light at the end of the tunnel, I got reveiwed and was told that my probation period will be prolonged.

Comments well received, and now I have the license and freedom to rustle the feathers of my colleagues. You can't blame me for this also, because I am a victim of circumstance. I didn't get to see the previous copywriter work, and how the team functioned, so I didn't know where's my line.

But now, I am more determined to stamp my mark on this issue and rise above it. I am not one who would turn my back on a challenge now that I've understood how the game is played. So, that's a 'No' to my previous employers. You may brand me as a slow starter, but that's how I am. I am one who would collect all my cards first, then decide how I would play them.

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring