Monday, August 22, 2005

My Black T-Shirt

Maybe it's a coincidence, but it does start to seem like whenever I wear this particular black coloured t-shirt of mine, something bad happens. I've been through a few mistakes on jobs and gotten into trouble with a colleague or so whenever I wear the t-shirt.

This observation has been on my mind from some time back now, and yet today, when I was getting ready for work, I pulled it on with the thought in mind. It was conveniently placed and my hand just reached out and grabbed hold of it. As I was slipping it on, ready to make my way to the car, i truly had this thought that "Ok, let's see if i will get into any sort of trouble today at the office while wearing this t-shirt." and truly so, the boss called me into his office to talk about my confirmation and review my performance thus far. And guess what? I am getting another 2 months probation period because apparently, I am not at par with what the company expects from me.

Well, I've done some sitting down in the toilet and thinking about what went wrong, and I think it is down to the fact that I have not shown enough initiative and not shown enough effort in front of my bosses. But playing suck-up is just not my style. Yes, maybe i've not blend in as they would have liked me to, but I didn't get any proper briefing from the very beginning. I am almost 3 months in the job and I am only starting to get myself used to the office politics and how the workflow and the entire process works. Well, i guess life is like that.

From now on I'll have to fend for myself, and try out everything. This is but a minor failure on my part, but it's not nothing that cannot be mended. All I need now is to be more determined, maybe sit down and re-assess myself in terms of what I want, what I can attain, and how to get them.

now, for some coffee... coffee always makes a person happier...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring