Saturday, April 21, 2007

What's in a day?

There's too much hype about birthdays around here, I tell ya...

It's this date 26 years ago I gave my mother the greatest pain and inconvenience ever.

So, what's so special that everyone needs to celebrate the day whereby they were born? If you were someone special, and people thank God for your existence, then it's justifiable. But then, if your friends celebrate your birthday with you just because everyone has it, and it'll seem weird if you don't get it, then that's just sad...

But then, I'm just writing this because I can afford to write it. Not because I'm feeling depressed or something, but that, just sometimes, birthdays are over rated. To me, birthdays are just another day with all the responsibilities of that day, whichever day it chooses to fall on. So, today's my birthday, but I still have to come to work. I can't take a break because of work responsibilities, and neither should I. So what if I was born this day? There's still a job to be done, there are still responsibilities to handle, life still goes on. It's still another Saturday, with all the busy-ness of all the Saturdays past, present and future. So what if it falls on a Monday? I'd still need to do what I need to do on Mondays. The same for Tuesdays...

However, with all that's been said and done, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have given me the wonderful and sincere birthday wishes; I know that you guys still think about me, and I appreciate that you kept a memory of when my birthday is. I would also like to thank the mini-celebrations that you guys held for me, complete with cake and all that. I would also like to thank my parents who's been looking after me even after so long.

But then, I'll have to apologise that sometimes, I would forget that it's your birthday. Simply because I don't think that birthdays are THAT special. Maybe it's my upbringing, that everyday is a day to be cherished, and as long as you're there with me everyday, then I'll cherish your fellowship. I don't wanna take note of your birthday but have never done anything for you in your daily life.

So... Happy birthday to me...










and Sir Paul Johns... ahahahahaha

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want cake!!! :(

Haha. Nice.. ooh.. nice carrot cheese cake.. with cheese.. and more cheese.. and icing.. oooooh... droolls.

Does the partner or fauna know how to bake?

April 21, 2007 6:31 pm  
Blogger DeGiRL said...

ahahahah! paul... ahahahah! ahahaha!
haha! des, looks like danny and ivan know u much better than i do..when i was plannin the 'birthday surprise' they were like..no lah, he wont want it.. all he wants is js a meal kah, wishes kah, js a simple something dah cukup.. i was arguing how much u deserve sth better, but i guess the mini celebration was better kan? haha!

April 21, 2007 11:43 pm  
Blogger Vivien Dumpangol said...

hello!!! happy birthday!!!!!!!!!did u had a good one??? god bless always!!!

April 22, 2007 8:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring