Thursday, April 19, 2007

Defiance...

Defy / Defiance : To make a statement that says, "Hey, I'm not afraid of you."

That's what I'm doing with my sickness now. I'm still going to work and all that, going to colleges and supporting cell groups amidst my fever and weakened state. I want to tell the forces of evil that no matter what, when i am still capable, I will do it.

Reason being, that as long as the world keeps turning, there are people dying. And as long as time is running, the work of God is there to be done. If I don't work, then it means that I have lost out on an opportunity to experience life together with the people of God. If I had missed a fellowship gathering, I'd have missed out on influencing someone's life. If I had not defied the laws of sickness and pain and went up to Nilai last night, I wouldn't have met a new friend, and possibly miss out on blessing this new friend with words of encouragement, or even being encouraged by him.

So... Sometimes, defiance is good... provided you know exactly why you're doing it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Shan Shang said...

Yes it is good that you have the spirit to serve God, praise to God! However, your body is the temple of God, if you didn't take care of it, how are you going to serve God with all your might and strength?

I don't like to see doctor as well as I am scare of them but when your sickness is too serious, better to get yourself check up...

Gambateh over there o!

April 19, 2007 4:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know the definition of a knight? A knight is a person who serves with his whole heart, might, strength and power for his Lord.

Do you know the difference between God's knights and the queen's knights? The queen's knights strive by their own strength. But God's knights are forever ignited with flame by His elixir.

And you dear sir, are a knight worthy of honor.

You're doing well. Keep it up! And remember, no matter what you say, I still pray for you every now and then.

Sometime's God has so much to say I forget to pray for people :S

And NO I am not a madman talking to myself in my room!

April 19, 2007 4:58 pm  
Blogger DeGiRL said...

Inspiring..that's all i can say now.. remember the night we were all mentiononing who grew up under which leader n who was trained by who.. well, in the future, i'll be telling my 'juniors' i grew up under a great leader called desmond. U have inspired me more than u can imagine. :)
Thank you. Thank God for you. :P

April 20, 2007 5:23 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

33: Long time no see... :) Well, life is all about purpose. I know that my purpose in doing what I'm doing now is clear, and I will do it no matter what. That is my conviction. As for other things, it's up to God when i die... hehehehe...

SPJ: You're crazy, but not exactly a madman... ahahahahaha... Have a good year ahead.

D: Cheers... but remember; do not be drawn to me, but be drawn to the person who sent me...

April 21, 2007 12:05 pm  
Blogger Shan Shang said...

Hahaha ya long time no see...

Gambateh~

April 22, 2007 9:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring