Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday Blues

Yes, folks, it's Monday again...

It seems that the curse of Mondays past never fails to haunt every working adult.

Every Monday, you wake up to a grudge match between will-power and feelings. The moment you open your eyes, and your mind starts to crank into motion, your first thought will inadvertently be "Crap... why did I wake up?"

Then you go into a self-debate of whether to sleep in for a while longer and arrive a bit late, OR sleep in for the entire morning and call in sick, OR wake up this instant so that you will be at work on time.

Then you start weighing the factors:

If I sleep in for a little while longer, I can still cheat the system a little and arrive slightly past my office hours.

If I sleep in for the entire morning, then I will need to go prove to the doctor that I am indeed not feeling too well.

If I wake up now, ArRGgGGhhHHh... I don't wanna wake up now...

And you go back to sleep with a slightly dark hope that your alarm will not ring after you've snoozed it for the umpteenth time.

And then, all of a sudden, you find yourself waking up, brushing your teeth, and washing your face in hope that you could still remain asleep while doing all that.

Apparently, there's an urban legend that some people are able to drive to the LRT stations, pay their parking fees, walk up the stairs to the platform, board the LRT, and arrive at their stations while half asleep.

I sure wish I could do that.

bah...

It's gonna be such a long day ahead...

And last Friday's proclaimed Day of Procrastination... it's gonna snowball to tomorrow... until the big blob of snow engulfs me and kills me...

*Crap, I'm having suicidal thoughts...

*Crap... I said Crap again...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*LOL

u're one pathetic monday-hater. how nice to rant and carp about it just because we can.

oh, i came across this verse from the bible, tot it might chirp a little more blues into you.
(Ecclesiastes 7:3 Sorrow is better than laughter, for sadness has a refining influence on us.)

Therefore,
happy living life daily.

von

September 20, 2006 1:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring