Thursday, September 28, 2006

Better...

It's a new morning, and it's a beautiful day...

I'm starting to think that maybe sleeping early is a good thing. I fell asleep at around 10.30pm last night, woke up at 5.30am, and I'm feeling refreshed... And the best thing was, I could do so many things in the morning... Laundry, breakfast... and a lot of other things like loitering around, breathing in the fresh(er) air...

Now I understand why people sleep so early at night.

And I am actually quite surprised by the amount of work I got done throughout the morning.

Hmmm...

This beckons a serious consideration.

Well, things are slowly picking up at the office, and the 'barren' spell is supposedly over, and I'm actually enjoying the change of pace.

Well, now... Everyone (all 5 of you readers out there who have been following this poor sad blog) knows that I'm looking for a change in scenery with regards to my job. So, this is how the whole saga is building up towards the end of the year.

It's gonna be exciting... so grab on to your seats.

Scenario A : I'm attached to this current company, A.
Scenario B : I have been in A for a year now, and I want to leave this place. Went for countless interviews
Scenario C : I went for an interview with Company B on Tuesday.
Scenario D : Interview went well, but no clear indication of an offer; will get back to me in 2 weeks.
Scenario E : I have agreed to lead a team of Musicians to Kota Kinabalu in early December for a church Youth Camp
Scenario F : Camp will require me to take 1 week off (equals to 5 working days).
Scenario G : I have only 4.5 days left in my Annual Leave Allocation; possibly need half day Unpaid/Advanced Leave
Scenario H : There will be an All Expenses Paid Company Trip to Koh Samui end of November
Scenario I : I don't have a passport, and it costs RM500 to get one, plus it would possibly take 1 month's time to make.
Scenario J : I don't have RM500!!
Scenario K : Travelling to Youth Camp will also cost about RM500, I am going by faith that God will provide me on this.
Scenario L : Again, I don't have RM500
Scenario M : I will need to 'beg' for Boss A to let me go in December, and am prepared to resign if not given permission
Scenario N : But if Company B comes in for me, then I will not need to 'beg' Company A, and tell B it's been pre-arranged
Scenario O : I am also holding out on an offer for working with Company C, a friend's place
Scenario P : If I'm working with Company C, then there will be no problems at all
Scenario Q : But Company C might not need me as early as December. It could be as late as February.
Scenario R : I am in for a (insignificant) raise and (potentially non-existant) bonus if I stay at Company A
Scenario S : I will be getting a significant pay raise if Company B offers me something, but no Bonus

Solution A : I tell Company A about my passport dilemma and choose not to go to Company Trip
Problem A : But the Company Trip and my Youth Camp dates are only a few days apart. Thus, it will be difficult to get my leave approved.

Solution B : I tell the company about my plans for the Youth Camp, get them to plan the Company Trip to coincide with Youth Camp dates
Problem B : But what if Company B comes in for me within 2 weeks time? Then I would have made them alter their travel plans for nothing; leaving a sour taste in the mouth.

Solution C : Resign first, talk later. Solves Problem A and B, creates Problem C.
Problem C : Well, the biggest problem would be finding a job. Year-end, employment market, dead.

Hypothesis A : What if boss in Company A lets me take leave, and I get to join both the Company Trip and the Youth Camp.
Conclusion A : Far-out, not gonna happen, dream on... Besides, if that happens, I would be RM1,000 poorer...

Life is filled with problems...

Sien...

4 Comments:

Blogger peisheah said...

won't anyone lend u rm 1ooo? then u can solve 80% of your problems. bye-i'm going to sleep, & i know u'll be reading the comment(S) tomorrow he.. he.. he.

September 29, 2006 12:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA You make your life sound so damn complicated. And I'm having fun watching it! :P

September 29, 2006 9:19 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

PS: I am already in debted to the bank for a few things in my life; Car/Apartment/Credit Cards... I don't wanna owe another entity RM1000...

Michele: Some tell me it's a gift... You don't call me a writer for no reason aye?

September 29, 2006 10:26 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Guys, Erm.. Gals,

I just got word that my interviewer in Company B, tendered her resignation yesterday... crap...

So that solves 1/3 of the problem...

Now it's just between A & C...

September 29, 2006 10:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring