Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Long time coming...

Well, it's apparent that I haven't been posting as frequently now.

I wonder if I will ever stop posting.

But then, it doesn't seem too far from being realised.

I have just gone for an interview last night, after work, and the deal looks promising. At the very least, the agency has a direction and is going places.

I'll be going off to another agency tomorrow evening, just to see what they are about.

Well, last night was promising, and the boss actually told me that he liked me, and barring any better candidate doing better than me for a lower price, I would be joining them in 1 month's time. And an RM300 increase in gross salary...

Well, I actually wasn't keen on going to this interview in the first place because at a glance, their office is just in the next block of the same complex where I am now. That's scary. And it's going to be weird if and when I meet my 'ex-colleagues'...

But let's not count chickens first.

So far, I've lost focus on quite a few things. It's difficult to live when your life is not your own to live.

It's a big juggle between alone-time and social-time.

If I were and island, things would be so easy. But then, God didn't make man to be loners. We are deep-down inside, in need of friendship, fellowship, and interaction.

But then interaction brings an entire host of different problems. I live alone, my life is my own to live. I live with friends, I find myself juggling for time. Everyone wants a bit of attention every-now-and-then. But not everyone is willing to give. Especially with the hectic lifestyles that we live nowadays, it's difficult.. VERY difficult.

The working environment out there is so demanding that you simply find 24-hours a day is insufficient.

Sigh... The more I focus on my work, the less I focus on my relationship with friends. The more I focus on friends, the less time I can put into work. And that will easily translate to the boss as not being dedicated enough to the job. Sheesh...

Life is just hard...

I wonder, when I am faced with a proposition of career advancement, but it'll take a fair bit off my time with friends, versus staying put and suffer in my career advancement.

If really, I am faced with such propositions, what will I do?

What will you do??? Help!!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps, you can bridge both friends and career by developing new as well as stronger relationships with those you meet at the office daily. Don't think of separating time to spend with friends and time to spend working. Instead, work with friends! Yes, it is true that you would have to sacrifice time with your close friends outside work if you do pursue career advancement but consider it to be an opportune time to make closer buddies out of the people you work with and will work with in your career! They'll be able to fulfil "needs of friendship, fellowship, and interaction".

July 19, 2006 5:10 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Hmmm... interesting proposition..

But I already have too many friends. I have been know to neglect a good amount of freinds in my phone book for long periods of time.

And one more thing, maybe it's just me, I don't like to mix work with play. I play with my play-mates (don't wandering off) and I work with my work-mates.

Erm... maybe I've never found workmates who share the same passion as I do, which is 'do church'...

But interesting proposition none-the-less...

July 19, 2006 9:48 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

*erm... 'Don't go wandering off'

July 19, 2006 9:48 am  
Blogger Bea said...

don't play play! =P

but seriously...yeah i know, it's tough juggling time for friends, yourself, work, church...my brain's been working overtime this sem..hardly any alone time...when i'm alone, i'm brainstorming...hahaha....

recently got some advice frm sioyean...let God do the juggling =P

on the other hand, if u miss yer friends...just invite them for church related events lor...

July 19, 2006 7:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring