Friday, July 14, 2006

Interviews...

When it rains, it pours indeed.

Well, just before I left work yesterday, I just checked my email out of boredom, and I saw this piece of a gem in my junk folder. It was from someone in a company whom I had applied for a job at.

Well, it's funny. I almost missed it, in a sense, it asked me to go for an interview this morning, 10.30am. So, in the spur of the moment, I went for it. I left my office thinking up reasons upon reasons and excuses of why I would be absent from work today. I thought about faking a car accident, but what if my bosses asked for my police report? Then I thought about faking illness, but then, I had no money to see a doctor. A friend even asked me if I needed help. (She's living in KK and I told her about my plight on MSN) I declined, and at last, I told the office girl that I had stomachaches throughout the night and I wouldn't be able to go to work.

And so, I ventured out to meet with this guy. 10.30am, Sri Petaling. I went there, reached the place early, and even took my sweet time to steady my nearves before going into the place. Then upon arrival, they told me that the fella who was supposed to interview me was on Medical!!! God probably does have a sense of humour. And a rather good one at that...

So, I went home after filling-in the forms (half-heartedly)... From what I could gather throught the little exchanges at the place, I think it's a rather ncie place to work at. Their unwillingness to book a time for me after working hours is a good thing, and the fact that they need someone who is not too 'English' is another.

But then hor, while I was sleeping/bumming around my room with nothing to do, another agency called me up to ask me to go for an interview on Monday... and the scary thing is, this establishment is just in the next block of my office complex... The scary thing about this second company is that they wanted to put me down for 8/9pm when I asked them if they could accomodate me after working hours!!! That's like... SCARY>>> that means that they are comfortable in working untillate at night... sheesh...

now, I wonder what I would do next...

Ah... I'll write the first company an email asking for an interview at 7.30pm on wednesday... hhhmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring