Monday, May 29, 2006

I guess...

I guess I know what my dreams are now, since that I've just came back from this KoiNoNia Camp that was themed 'Dream Chasers'.

Through this little camp, I realised that I am one of the lucky few who came back from the dead. Well, in terms of education that is. I was rotting in my Accounting degree programme and I jumped ship to go study Communications, and here I am now, living a dream. My life's passion has always been in language and the use of it to condition people's minds. Politics, propaganda, agenda setting, and all those are my main points of interest. And although I am working as a Copywriter in an insignificant Ad Agency, I am at least doing something that I like. I don't throb with passion for this job, but at least it's not one of those jobs where you slog to the office to return to the same thing day and day again.

So, I came to realise that my mission in life is actually a vague but profound one. I aspire to be an example to the people around me. That is weird, and that will not put rice on my table. But at least it's noble.

Integrity and compassion isn't a common trait nowadays. People are williing to be more compassionate towards a 3-legged dog on the side of the road than to human beings who have no food ot eat. Sometimes I wonder why...

So too is a noble dream. Nowadays, we are taught to fend for ourselves so much that we have so little time to care about anyone else besides our immediate family. Sometimes, even family members get ostracised.

I guess all I want to do is to bring some humanity back into human beings.

But then, with the post modern era, we are nothing more than task oriented machines that are trying to fend for ourselves, to quench our own desires, and live a life of a dog so that we can build a comfortable home for others to see, but we do not use ourselves.

So, what's your dream?

and oh... A friend just went back to Kota Kinabalu for good... she's setting up shop there and if the busines venture goes well, that could be the last I see of her in a looonnng time... so... 'Have fun'...

3 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

look behind you!! there's a three headed monkey!! =P

May 29, 2006 10:13 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

B: Do they have 6 hands that cover their eyes, ears and mouth respectively?

May 29, 2006 11:42 am  
Blogger Bea said...

nope....it's just a monkey with three heads...XD...just msg me on msn n u'll see it...

May 30, 2006 11:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring