Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ash Wednesday...

In the traditional church calendar, today marks the start of the 'Holy Month'...

It is the 40 days prior to the death and resurection of Christ. This is the time of Lent where Christians treat as a time to draw near to God. So, most of us will take this opportunity to fast and pray for a cause; be it for ourselves, our church, our nation, and so on and so forth.

My first prayer need of the month; Increase my salary...

Petrol price increase means that I have RM50 less to use monthly as a full tank now costs RM80 for my little 1.3litre Proton Saga. I used to use and average RM180 for petrol, now, it's potentially RM240... RM300 if I make extra trips around town, or to the airport...

Then more 'good' news... Price of Gas also increase... A canister of gas increased by RM4.20... And that spells increase in price of food. Nasi lemak has increase by RM0.20 this morning... And that's just 'plain rice'!!!

Sigh...

I can live without driving too much, but live without incurring too much cost on food???

I might as well make this a 'Holy Life'... instead of just the 'month'...

So help me God...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Addendum:

Well, it's all starting to settle now...

I need to probably prostitute myself to something in order to survive...

Citing [rojaks.blogspot.com], it's about time we all bent over and brace ourselves for a good 'f*rking'...

This ripple effect is coming in fast and furious.

Because price of petrol increase by 18.5% two days ago, today, price of consumer goods will follow suit. Before long, Nasi Lemak which used to cost RM1.00 will increase by 20% to RM1.20... Vegetables will be as expensive, if not more than Meats, Fruits will also get a price hike because you will need tonnes and tonnes of moolah to move them from the orchards to the stalls...

Well, in short, you should just brace yourself for a 20% increase in the cost of everything.

If you're used to spending RM10 per meal, prepare to use RM12 now...

This 'slight' increase in petrol will potentially spark off a recession... sigh... I just hope that the apartment i just bought won't charge me more because of the increase in petrol prices...

Seriously, it's about time we all strive for an increment of 20% from our bosses...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring