Monday, December 12, 2005

I've been fairly busy...

Just when I thought that the clients burst their budget and have stopped giving us jobs, the going got tough.

Well, in actual fact, I haven't had the time to do much of anyhting else except work and organising. This business of Christmas is really starting to get to me. Rushing here and there for this and that, making decisions (informed and uninformed)... Trying to make everyone happy... LIfe's difficult.

Everything's happening at the same time. Although, some priorities should be set, but yet, everything needs its due attention.

Went to see the apartment that I was talking about... Liked the renovations made by the owner, but in the end, it is a 2-room apartment. And that I cannot accept. If it was my own money, and my own usage, then probably, I wouldn't have thought twice about putting in a deposit. But it's gonna be a family house. A 'gift' of sorts from my parents to me and my two sisters... Well, although I'll be the one doing most of the installments, my sisters shall have the luxury of claiming a room each for themselves. Afterall, they're family. And Family must stick together. Remember O'hana?

Well, this business of getting my own apartment has gotten me thinking whether I can live with a family once again. The feuds, the little ticks here and there, the problems of 'co-habitation' and who gets the control of the tv set... sigh.. life must go on...

Then there's this business of getting married. Will my future wife be able to co-habitat with my sisters? Will there be a power struggle that will leave me caught in the middle?

And with that, comes the imminent mad, mad rush of the marriage ceremony. Hopefully, with a bit of luck, we can get it done by the end of next year. Friends are already way up our backs trying to get us hitched earlier. And there's this pressure of trying to get everyone to come for the wedding. To hold the wedding reception dinner here for our friends, and also back in the hometown for the family. Our relationship is one of the 'grandest' and longest running dramas in the church, and everyone is waiting for the 'happy ending'...

There's also the business of accomodating my youngest sister. She'll be coming over for tertiary education by the end of this month. Her room needs to be booked, and then there's this ordeal of getting her settled down. And the apartment should also be ready for her to move in by the next semester, which is around April/May.

Then there's the immediate needs of the Church, Cell Group, and Worship Team. Christmas is just round the corner and there's so much to be done. Once we're finished with the entire ordeal of carolling and Christmas Celebrations, there will be a time of reflection and vision casting for the new year. And I'm leading songs on the 24th and 31st nights...

Then there's also the business of getting the cell to gel as one again after the long break.

The car needs to be serviced, money involved. AGAIN...

Then there's my impending confirmation in this company. I've been here for 3 months to the dot now. And if they confirm me, i'll stay for a good few years more, hopefully.

Speaking of which, now I am involved in writing a short newsletter with a friend of mine. A little extra for the lean times.

Saving up for marriage.

Saving up for the apartment.

Saving up for the new church building.

Improve myself with other skills if possible.

Getting myself ready for the next phase of life.


Sigh... I get tired just looking at the list. Hope I didn't bore you.

And sorries if I am not posting on time. It's a busy period y'know...

Till then...

4 Comments:

Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

Goodness.. please consider yourself BLESSED. How I wish to have your life now.. hahahaha.. :) If you put everything in your hand, the possibility is that, you can not hold them in your hands. Too many... so, ... put all these in God's hands instead. :)

December 12, 2005 2:51 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

TGL: Are you always this negative?

December 12, 2005 3:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog reminds me of Adrian Mole's diaries by Sue Townsend.

Hilarious! Keep on writing!

December 12, 2005 8:03 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Mohd: Thanks! Keep on reading!

*Corny I know... Just couldn't resist...

December 13, 2005 9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring