Monday, December 05, 2005

Excitement for the Soul

Well, things are really looking up now.

I just went out to see the clients and got a brief. I saw first hand how the whole she-bang works; How my bosses meet with the clients, what gets discussed over the brief, how the clients are treated, and how the advertising world revolves.

In the words of my boss, Advertising money is not hard to find. All you need is a single contact, and you'll get jobs. Of course, some jobs are dog's work, whilst others are just pure mindless ones, but looking for business isn't at all difficult.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One a more personal note, I am now officially looking out for an apartment. Went over the details with my parents and they have promised to sponsor the downpayment. Well, I'm excited in a sense that it's the corner piece to the puzzle of my "long-awaited" marriage with my girlfriend of 7 years.

However, it's a little depressing when I got a message from my mom indicating how much my parents are prepared to sponsor me. Not that the amount matters, but that I had used their hard-earned money once again. It felt somehow melancholic.

On one side, I'm happy to be able to settle down at last, after 5-6 years of wandering around the concrete desert, living like a nomad, not wanting to buy any fixed assets. Living with a preparation to move out anytime deemed necessary.

Well, everything is still in the planning stage as yet. But hopes are high. There are a few units on sale at the apartment complex where I stay now, and I like the place. A 890sq.ft apartment with 3 rooms. It's a bit on the old side, but not anything that a little money thrown into renovations can't fix. Besides, it's the perfect size and price for a young guy like me. Small enough to manage with my hectic lifestyle, but big enough to fit in my family. There'll be three rooms, so there'll be a room for every one of my siblings...

However, it does feel a tad saddening that I have yet burdened my parents with such a demand. Coming out with downpayment would have disturbed their financial planning here or there. I onl;y wonder where they got the money from. I hope they didn't need to sell something that's close to their heart for the money.

But then, since my youngest sister will be coming over to study in KL, it would be good to have a place of our own. Since the amount paid on rent by me and my parents (for my sisters) will amount to around the monthly installment for an apartment, it's only sensible.

Now... the next biggest task is to do some 'room allocation' with the future wife.

Politics...again...

sigh...

4 Comments:

Blogger theGodlyLawyer said...

ghoossh..... i only have my own guitar and notebook.. which also bought by my dad to me. hai...

December 05, 2005 4:17 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

well, the good thing about that is, you get to travel light...

A definiate Pro for nomads like us... ahahahaha

December 05, 2005 4:27 pm  
Blogger Chief said...

what room allocation, she'll be sleeping with you, everything that's yours will be come hers. hehehe....

December 08, 2005 10:01 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Chief: It's gonna be the first time I'll be mediating between wife and family...

Allocation is for my sisters...

I've been living a nomadic and individualistic life that family living will need some getting used to...

December 08, 2005 10:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring