Monday, December 19, 2005

Friendship is a very weird thing

Well, thinking back on the things that happened last night at the little party, I got to meet quite a few new friends.

Then it struck me this morning. Some people nowadays treat acquaintences as friends eventhough they don't know each other that well.

Something that my boss taught me, (well, tried to drill into me) is that we must do networking if we want to survive in this harsh business world. And a few tricks of the trade is that we must know how to drink, and smoke if possible.

But come to think of it, some people just like to go to gatherings to meet 'friends'!

The don't care if they make a fool out of themselves, they don't care if they don't belong, and they don't care what people might think of them. They are just there to network, and to make use of one another!

I'm not sure how long this tradition goes, but it is the general view out there! If you want to be successful in business, you'll need friends whom you can use.

Then when I look back at the church, I realise that it's not entirely bad. At least, up until today, people don't simply go to church to make contacts so that they gain more business somehow, maybe there are, but they aren't doing it out-right as if it's justifiable.

So, that got me thinking again. Is it all that is out there? People making friends so that they can use them and be used by them? Then perhaps, I am not really interested in making such a friend.

Can't we be friends who become real REAL friends? Like friends who look out for each other, who takes care of each other, who know what being a friend in need is all about? Instead of being a friend to everyone just because they hold an interest to your business, but when you are really in the rut, they disappear?

2 Comments:

Blogger Chief said...

that's what cells are for

December 19, 2005 5:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate those friendster whores even more! some times i haven't even met these ppl they ask you to approve them as a 'friend'??

December 20, 2005 11:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring