Tuesday, November 29, 2005

I don't wanna get OLD!!!

Well, I think I start a lot of paragraphs with 'Well'...

It's not a good thing getting old. The year 2005 passed with great speed. I just hope that the next year will be not as crazy. It's like only yesterday that I went back home for Chinese New Year!

It's now only a couple of days before the last 31 days of the year. What have I achieved this year?

Well, I switched 3 jobs, doing the same thing, experiencing different clients, and bosses, and a brush with a few funky colleagues.

I have now gained 'financial independence' ~ My resolution of two years ago. I do not receive any 'financial injections' from my parents anymore. (at last!)

My car's 1 year old now ~ Only another 90+ installments to go

In another couple of month's time, I would be embarking on the 9th year together with my girlfriend! ~ This is pathetic! Other people would have gotten married eons ago! And I'm starting to lose count. *Proceeds to mark fingers with numbers*

Multiplied my cell ~ Waited for 4-5 years for this!

Started to lead worship in Church ~ Tried to get myself out of it initially, but now, I'm stuck...

Successfully 'not bought any new clothes' this year ~ Got a few new t-shirts as gifts and praying that the existing clothes will not fail me anytime soon.

Went to 2 interviews and got 2 jobs ~ 100% success so far. Went for another one a few days ago and still waiting for thier call.

Got myself my very first creditcard ~ albeit with a miserly RM2K Limit only... That's how much the bank trusts me. That's how much financial independence i'm getting... Good also lar.

~ ~~ ~~~ ~~ ~
That was a few highlights... And now, a few of those which I should have done better...

Failed to get myself a house/apartment so that I can get married by 2006.

Failed to make the cut at a fully local medium sized agency ~ They weren't that good a bunch to work with either. Lost out to a bit of office politics. And besides, their designs suck!

Failed to pay for my own car insurance coverage. ! Thanks mom and dad! * Cheeky smile*

Failed to improve myself in terms of getting to know more about photoshop.

Failed to get myself a new PC to work with.

Failed to get myself an mp3 player ~ Still bored stiff in the LRT. Can't receive radio when the train goes down into the underground tunnels. (a.k.a. Pasar Seni onwards)

Failed to get myself regular haircuts ~ Had one during Chinese New Year, another in May before I entered the new agency, And another just after I joined my present company. (Whao!! I saved quite a bit on that... Maybe this should go to the 'success' list.)

Failed to remember most of my cell members' birthdays.

Failed to get my sister a car ~ I would, if only I had a bigger salary.

Failed to accumulate a significant amount of Annual Leave ~ Well, job hopping has its downside also.

Failed to get myself some very much needed new shoes ~ My leather shoes are wearing out after a good 10 years service. I had my cross-trainers cobbled, and my suades are peeling off. Should get a new pair for Chinese New Year. My football boots are dying on me also... sigh...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, come what may, I'd reckon 2005 as a rather good year. To hell with the Fengshui Masters saying that this Year of the Rooster will be a lean year! Puik! Work hard, and you'll achieve more. Don't work, and the best fengshui master in all the land won't be able to help you.

So... why are you still here!?? Shoo!! Go back to work!

6 Comments:

Blogger Yian said...

So, how old r u? ;p

November 29, 2005 10:01 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Turning 25 next year... I can see the other side of the hill liao!.. habislah...

November 29, 2005 11:17 am  
Blogger Bea said...

u want to learn photoshop??? kewl!!

i can give u tutorial.....FOC.... hahaha...serious

November 29, 2005 12:33 pm  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Bea: I wish I had the time and the equipment...

November 29, 2005 1:14 pm  
Blogger Yian said...

wah.....25 and already with your gf for nine years??????????

November 30, 2005 9:03 am  
Blogger SaDdNesZ.jc said...

Yian: Technically, we're still in our 7th year... We were young and restless... what more can I say???

November 30, 2005 9:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Structured wiring
Free Web Counter
Structured wiring